Where do you buy your seeds?

PunkinPeep

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I'm starting to realize how helpful a good seed catalog would be right now (or a couple of months ago), but i don't want to just google it. I would like recommendations.

Cost is a concern, of course. But i don't want to get the smallest price just to get seeds that don't yield much. I would really like to have a good garden this year.

Where do you think i should go? Or whose catalog should i order?

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love High Mowing Organic Seeds. They are a wonderful company with great seeds. Just received my seed order- like magic in an envelope. Think spring!

PunkinPeep

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
lesa said:
I love High Mowing Organic Seeds. They are a wonderful company with great seeds. Just received my seed order- like magic in an envelope. Think spring!
awesome! thank you!

magic in an envelope. that sounds great! that might be what i need. ;)

4grandbabies

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Compare postage, I noticed in the past that there can be quite a difference between some companies, I have not checked that out this year tho.

PunkinPeep

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
4grandbabies said:
Compare postage, I noticed in the past that there can be quite a difference between some companies, I have not checked that out this year tho.
thanks for the tip! i will.

jamespm_98

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I like Southern Seed Saver Exchange, but I am mainly intersted in hierlooms. I find the bigger seed companies like Parks or Burpee seem to be expensive relative to the amount of seeds you get.

PunkinPeep

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
jamespm_98 said:
I like Southern Seed Saver Exchange, but I am mainly intersted in hierlooms. I find the bigger seed companies like Parks or Burpee seem to be expensive relative to the amount of seeds you get.
Is that the same as Southern Exposure Seed Saver Exchange?

jamespm_98

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Thats correct, I left out the "Exposure", oops! Already have mine earmarked with things I need to order.