Where to store all those jars??? How about in the piano!

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ok, here I go with another of my weird questions...
I had a few folks over the other night and one of the ladies commented that my jars were taking up almost every single inch of counter space and what was I going to do with them all.
I confessed that I wasn't quite sure and she (knowing my love for unusual and unique) suggested that I gut the old piano and put shelves inside it's shell.
That's a GREAT IDEA! It's an ancient old, beat-up upright that was 'stored' in a church basement for years until it was finally loaded onto a trailer and brought to the landfill. When the guy pulled up and said "Where can I put this?" I said, "Right behind that little red truck over there."
It's useless as a piano - why it came to my house is a long story for another post. SO - does anyone have any idea HOW to gut a piano????

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love this idea! I've never gutted a piano before, but what a nifty way to store things. Sure wish I knew where to store all my canned goods!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Start with pictures of the insides. I am a fantastic wrecking crew!! I would recommend an electric cordless drill for the screws, just un do everything that is not main frame like legs, bottom or sides.

freedhardwoods

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That sounds like a neat idea.

I agree with baymule. I have dismantled a couple. It's just screwed and bolted together.

Be careful though. There is at least one very heavy part inside. You don't want it to drop and hurt you or damage something when you take the last screw out. You will need help getting it out of the case.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh and another thing, if loosening a large object, don't take out ALL the screws and get down to the last one. It will be in a bind, the large piece will sag and it will be hard to get the last screw out, then the piece falls. Loosen ALL the screws to start with. If a heavy or unwieldy piece, then an extra set of hands is the way to go. When you get to the last screw, you'll be glad it is loosened.

Thanks for the reminder @freedhardwoods !!

Latest posts