Which flowers are special to you?

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I steal yellow ones from my neighbor because the tubers grow into my yard so I shovel them up and transplant them to a fairly large patch on the other side of my my yard. I am a little torn as I do not know if it is a royal setting, feng shui, yin and yang or common theft. Either-or they still look nice.
WhatEVER grows in YOUR yard belongs to YOU!
What a fine gift from your neighbor!

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Which flowers have a special meaning to you and why? Please share!
Camelias are special to me. As a young child we lived in this old house surrounded by apple orchards that had so many neat bunk house buildings on the property, a water tower with a family of owls living at the very top, beautiful pathways along the sides of the house decorated with camelias and old brick walkways, and so many fun places to play. My mom grew a big garden and we had chickens, ducks, dogs, cats, 2 parakeets, fish in a tank, and a hermit crab! I still love camelias today because they are pretty and they bring back good memories.

Blueberry Acres

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Camelias are special to me. As a young child we lived in this old house surrounded by apple orchards that had so many neat bunk house buildings on the property, a water tower with a family of owls living at the very top, beautiful pathways along the sides of the house decorated with camelias and old brick walkways, and so many fun places to play. My mom grew a big garden and we had chickens, ducks, dogs, cats, 2 parakeets, fish in a tank, and a hermit crab! I still love camelias today because they are pretty and they bring back good memories.
Aww! What special memories! I love camelias, but have never grown them. They are some of the most beautiful flowers out there! ❤️

Latest posts