White Datura Seeding Question

GardenGeisha

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oh, dear. I planted a bunch outside my fence. Parents let their young children roam around unattended all the time. Last year some of these children beheaded my beautiful tulips just as they were starting to bloom, leaving nubs too short for putting them in a vase. And the tulips were INSIDE my fence. I wish people would watch their children. I hope they don't eat the datura. I didn't think about it.

Perhaps I will tear the parents and this will help them watch their children, rather than letting them roam unattended, but I am not holding my breath.
One year the one child pulled my hens-and-chicks up. And another one twisted the head of a sunflower. I could go on and on about roaming, unattended children. The two boys who chased and scared my chickens while their mother was obliviously chatting with my neighbor in view of them, etc.

GardenGeisha

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oh, no. If the datura do make it, I'll have to fence them in, somehow. Those beastly children will rip off their beautiful pods, befroe they bloom, sure as anything! Horrors! Always something. Supervised children make good neighbors, but no such luck here.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yep, they'll probably pester them. Kids are so fascinated with their sweet scent and unusual blooms. Mine get picked all the time. Just so long as they don't eat them... :p

GardenGeisha

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Their Mama and Grandmama had better watch them then. I'm not out there 24/7. Why do people have children, if they are not going to watch them? Seems negligent to me. And a real bummer for the childless neighbors' plants.

Latest posts