Who all's from S.C.

colesmom1

Sprout
Reaction score
Hi I live in the upstate of SC and I love it! We came from Up North Michigan and then Arkansas. I loved Michigan but got so tired of the long winters and the ice and snow. Then we moved to Arkansas and hated the looong hot and humid summers and all the tornadoes, so we came to SC. We love it, love the weather and the outstanding views , all the mountains and the friendly people here. The only bad part is all the red clay here. I am not sure just how to make a garden. I have plotted out a semi flat part in our yard and I am beginning to add to the clay to make it better for next year. We live on a hilly piece of land and trying to find a level spot here is next to impossible, but I will succeed I am sure.

jamespm_98

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I live in the upstate also with a hilly piece of land and red clay. Best advice I can give is get all the leaves, compost and manure you can, you will need it with our soil.

epitman

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hello, I live in Aiken SC. New to the forum and im planning on planitng a raised bed garden

Usc529

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
hello everyone im from aiken sc looking to get some good information on my garden this year. :tools

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm from a bit north of you guys in NC... but WELCOME!!!!

:welcome

dinkadoo

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

From the middle part of the state, about 30 miles north of Columbia. :D

Latest posts