Who collects colored glass besides me?

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I love colored glass, always on the lookout for a piece of colored glass. Cheap or pricey, that is if I can afford it. Flee markets are where I have found a few pieces that caught my fancy.
DSCN6479.JPG
Flea market find, 25 cents.

DSCN6923.JPG
Flea market find 50 cents.

DSCN6917.JPG
A friend gifted me with this vase she found in a flea market in Texas, I think it's Blenko.

DSCN4685.JPG
My Christmas present from DS#1 and partner a couple of years ago.

DSCN1866.JPG
50th anniversary present from DS#1 and partner, bought when they were in Venice. It's a signed piece by the artist. Must have cost them a fortune.

I have more, some green depression glass cups and saucers clover leaf design, a couple of Fenton vases and two pair of candle sticks, rose colored, plus some other bits and pieces.

I'd love to see your finds and maybe the stories behind them.

Annette

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not really. The animals are stored in three hanging cabinets which are 1. Pretty inaccessible (the bookcase in front of them is stacked 20-30 deep with part of my Japanese children's book collection, so putting new things away requires taking all of those down, which is a MAJOR undertaking) and 2. TERMINALLY overfilled (to the point where it is hard to open the doors and put anything new away without risking having several dozen fall out and possibly break)

As for the trade beads, again they are in boxes stacked twenty or thirty deep, so you wouldn't really see anything.

I was able to dig up this picture of some extra trade beads I strung up and sold some time ago. Hopefully that will be enough

https://www.snapfish.com/library/ph...=en_US#state={"pgvw":"siav","aid":8348411028}

and an old iteration of the "carry strand" I keep attached to my keys
https://www.snapfish.com/library/ph...en_US#state={"pgvw":"siav","aid":10306571028}

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I go wild for colored glass !!!!!!!!!! My first collection started was Royal Ruby by Anchor Hocking. I picked up 4 dinner plates very cheap at goodwill fell in love with deep red color. I now must have over 500 pieces pretty much stop buying it unless something very unusual. About 20 years ago I started collecting depression covered sugar bowls. Finding bowls with covers was very hard and i have some very rare ones. I also started collecting depression glass salt and pepper shakers have a few hundred, but only buy and display coblat and ruby colors now. All of this collecting was before ebay.All where found while antiquing. I also love stainglass, while putting on a new roof I found a old pair of windows with blue morning glories. My contractor told me it was to late to put then in the new gables. When everyone went home took a saw and cut holes in the gables. Lets just say I am lucky he didn't quit the next day. One of my favorite pieces is a stain glass light with Greek key came out of a 1905 mansion in Rye Ny Not sure what photos I have

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Very nice, @Nyboy, love those bulb holders, I have a friend who works with stained glass, she made this panel for her front door.
Screen shot 2015-04-22 at 8.13.05 AM.png
I forgot about salt and pepper shakers, I have one pair of green depression glass shakers. I only have so much room to store and display this kind of collecting so have stuck to green depression glass. At one time I envisioned a tall lighted cabinet to display all my glass in but that went by the wayside when I ran into a beautiful made in Canada sideboard, I just :love it, really well made not just stuck together on the cheap. Price tag was originally $!200.00, on sale for $500. It was a going out of business sale, I couldn't pass it up. Soooo, all thoughts of a lighted cabinet went out the window, there's only so much space in our small house.

Annette

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
This is the dome of the family chapel, not yet plastered. Kitchen, workout room, kitchen. Sorry the one in the workout room isn't clear, it is purple/white lenses. We've more not yet in use.

Attachments

• Colored glass.JPG
    Colored glass.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 216
  • colored glass 1.JPG
    colored glass 1.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 165
  • colored glass 2.JPG
    colored glass 2.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 177
  • colored glass 3.JPG
    colored glass 3.JPG