Who has been here the longest?

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dont know why, I started looking.....

Southern Lady was here in 2007. Honestly don't remember her.

Next oldest was @Beekissed . 2008.

So how long have you been on this site and how did you find it?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Of active members I think @digitS' has been here the longest. "07?
I've been here since late '10. Joined BYC first, but didn't hang out there much, joined other garden forums, but this is the only one that stuck.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
An added caveat, how (if you have) have you seen this site change over the years?

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
How has the site changed. Well, we got a new format, that took a bit of getting used to. it's always been a friendly site, but I think many of us have settled into friendships. I think we do more social stuff than we used to. I think the percentage of garden related threads and posts have dropped in comparison. We still do a lot of gardening stuff, especially during gardening season, but I think we are more comfortable with each other.

We used to get more trolls, people that would come on just to stir things up and push their agenda. I'll admit I'm thinking of one certain lady, thankfully she doesn't bother us any more, but I think the overall trolling has dropped.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Ridgerunner Agree 100% on trolls.... & the fact that we've developed a relationship. I had forgotten all about the one till you reminded me of her--thank you very much!!!!! Now if we can get the sweet peas to quit tormenting us northerns.......

I'm very tolerant as I chose to not respond to the pix of their gardens (especially the tomatoes) while we are cold and wet..... I never respond to their tempting. Never start anything but yet they continue to torment....

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, I think I remember a woman who would copy and paste a bunch of controversial stuff. Can't think of her avatar/name.

Apparently I've been here since 2011. Came over from SS.

Sometimes it bothers me a bit that we have evolved from a mainly gardening forum to a chatty/friendship/gardener forum, but I think I need friends more than I need gardening advice, so I'm good with it.
Besides, I'm the only one in my yoga class that can say "My friend grooms Martha Stewart's dogs." Or "My friend clones orchids."

Latest posts