Whole30 Diet

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We are starting a Whole30 Diet today. No dairy, no grains of any kind, no sugars or sugar substitutes, no legumes, but snow peas and green beans are ok, just not the seeds (beans or peas). It's a meat and vegetable diet. Almost ALL processed foods have sugar in them. A lot of label reading and putting it back.

I bought all 4 of the books, 2 cookbooks in the lot and we started off the morning with scrambled eggs with mushrooms and green onions and pan sausage. No toast.

We have played around with it since Thanksgiving, but wouldn't commit until after the holidays were over. We ate our last pieces of key lime pie last night. LOL Our son in law did the Whole30 from the day after Thanksgiving to Christmas. He feels better, lost some weight and his clothes fit better. He says he will stay on some form of this diet the rest of his life in order to eat healthier.

We have two freezers full of meat. Half a grass fed steer, lamb, chicken and home raised pork. Also corn, purple hull peas and butterbeans which are not on the diet. :hit But we have turnip greens, mustard greens and collards in the freezer and lots of canned tomatoes.

So here we go!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
good luck! :)

yes, getting rid of extra sugars can help quite a bit, but removing fiber from the diet isn't. eating beans...i'm a bean fan, you won't find me ever not having beans in various forms. fiber is what makes you feel full longer and keeps the system moving along.

for me the biggest change the past year is downsizing. just out of habit i would eat a whole sandwich when half is enough (before that two sandwiches was normal). without changing much else i've cut off about 10lbs, could use to lose another 15-20. my biggest challenge is always the extra carbs. we bake and cook a lot (not just for ourselves) and i have a sweet tooth a mile long (i guess i should call that a sweet tusk? :) )...

summer time i move so much and keep busy so avoiding extra weight gain is easy. winter aka now the challenge is more pressing.

haha, rambly mood today i guess, gonna write a storm... :) cheers again and good luck.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Luck. I had a bad two weeks with the holidays, so.... I am back on program starting today!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We already noticed a difference just half way on it through the holidays. We ate EVERYTHING over the holidays but still ate the diet way too. As far as fiber, vegetables have a lot of fiber and we eat a lot of vegetables.

My starting weight this morning is 148, DH's is 234.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
next time i get up to pee i'll weigh in. guessing 175... if i can hold steady the next few months i'll be happy.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Supper tonight was leftover ham, leftover sweet potatoes, cauliflower and I made a slaw. The slaw is red cabbage, green cabbage, shredded carrots, held together by home made mayonnaise. Tea-unsweetened. :hit

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
all of that sounds great. :)

i can drink hot tea with sugar, but iced tea must be unsweetened. hot tea without sugar i can do. i used to drink a lot of tea, i liked making it with loose leaf so i called it swamp water because of the bits of twigs and leaves floating around in there.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lunch today was cubed ham sautéed with mushrooms and red onion.

Supper tonight was home raised chicken breast, home grown/ home made smoked pork sausage sautéed with onion, broccoli and mushrooms. Seasoned with garlic, oregano, basil and Redmond sea salt. DH added salted, smoked almonds to the slaw.

IMG_2297.JPG

Really would like a big glass of chocolate milk, a brownie and half a loaf of bread......

Latest posts