Why I've been away with pics ;)

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Kind of got my hands full with my newborn son.

image.jpg

On May 4th we welcomed Gabriel Lloyd to the family. 6lbs 2oz born 3 weeks early. He's home and doing great. His 2 older sisters adore him. My oldest told us all along "I want a sister and a brother, in that order!" Well apparently she has some pull with upper Management because she got her wish.

It was a very rough pregnancy for my wife but we are all grateful he's here and everybody is doing good. He certainly earned his name during the pregnancy.

And since I'm sure inquiring kinds want to know MY Grandmother was a redhead. Dad had dark auburn hair and I'm a medium brown. My wife is a light brunette too. So that's where it came from. Was odd since both girls had nearly coal black hair that was quite long that has since lightened up to a light and medium brunette a respectfully. Although this color sure threw us! Since we didn't know the gender (we didn't find out with any of our kids) I saw the red hair and though "oh wow a red headed daughter this will sure be interesting!" since I figured history would repeat itself. Nope we have a boy!

Even better was before we got married we talked about kids and had decided if we had ahoy it would be named Gabriel. That was our boy name. We're both thrilled we got to use it. We were not trying for a boy we just love being parents.

He really is a great baby however he has made his presence felt already. I didn't get to plant the asparagus bed I tilled last fall like I wanted to get those going and established. I also still have yet to even till the garden for this year been busy with other projects that take priority. Otherwise things here are good. Busy but I wouldn't trade it for anything!!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
His name really suits him, he's very angelic looking! A beautiful baby! What joy and blessings for your family...it's hard to think of anything else when something this wonderful happens, is it?

I'm glad you posted pics....LOVE to see a new little life, just arrived from Home.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Congratulations!
balloons.gif
He's beautiful! Glad to hear mom and baby are both doing great. His big sisters will spoil him rotten, I'm sure.

I wouldn't worry about too much gardening this year--just do what is fun or easy and enjoy your summer. Your energy is better spent on your growing family. And before you know it, you will have all the helpers you need. :)

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Awe! He is so precious! Give him a big hug from his cyber aunt, Red. You are among the luckiest of people, how does a garden begin to compare to that angel. Congrats to you, your fantastic wife, and the big sisters.

Lucky, lucky grandparents! I am almost always available to babysit.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh Wow ...he is precious. :) Thanks for the update. Thanks for the photos. Congrats to all. I am Very happy Mother and son a doing well and big sisters ADRORE him. :loveHugs all around. :hugs

Latest posts