Windows 10

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
We waited longer to load Windows 10 since we heard that there were some bugs to shake out. Well, last Sat. we loaded Windows 10 onto our computer. Low and behold, it is a step backwards. I have error messages when I try to log in onto my e- mail, or to try later as they can't seem to find my account. It made our computer run slower or sporadically. Some sites we can't post on any longer and have to get new passwords, etc. :barnie :th :rant

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have not upgraded yet to my free copy. I know there will be problems like you are experiencing, there always are. Links and passwords won't work. You have to re-install some programs. I just don't want to deal with them until I have no choice.

There is another part. When they work that hard to give you something free, there is something in it for them. I'm sure they want to take over virus monitoring control, I suspect they have a way to make money out of that. I'm cynical enough to wonder how much this free upgrade to Windows 10 will cost me, either in money or aggravation.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't know how it will be to upgrade my DH's laptop to 10, but I am not impressed with it in the new laptop I bought with 10 installed. There are so many things I haven't figured out yet, I have just given up on some of them. And the model I have is aggravating. Slow. Dies for no reason. Slow. Keyboard is touchy sometimes, and numb at others. Slow. Did I say slow? Gets stuck in tablet mode so the whole thing is upside down. Doesn't work with new headphones I had just purchased for old computer. Slow. Can't store photos from phone. On and on. It's a Lenovo Flex 3, in case anyone is looking. Don't buy this kind.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
My son in law "fixed" my laptop with Windows 7 on it. It is now a trotline weight. I had a brand new laptop with Windows 10 on it that I hated. I loved my old laptop like you love a worn out, slouchy, threadbare, old pair of jeans. We were comfortable together. I had no choice but to learn Windows 10. I hate it. It is nowhere near as consumer friendly as Window 7. My pictures load upside down. I finally figured out that if I edit them by cropping a tiny bit on the picture, they will load right. I cannot group them or organize them in any way, they are just scrambled in the file in no particular order. I hate Windows 10. It has to be terrible for them to give it away, who in their right mind would buy it?

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
With my windows 10, now I get " something whent wrong " message out of every 4 tries to even try to log into my e- mail. I had to retype this message 5 times since it just disapeared every time that I typed itand before I could click the post reply button. :rant

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Another thing that is happeneing is when I type a posting.... mysteriously some words in the post suddenly dissapear, or another page pops up with no way to get rid of it, so I have to turn off the computer, go back to chrome and retype everything. :somad My wife and I want to go back to 8.1 as I had none of these very annoying issues, however Microsoft will no longer support it. :rant

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I didn't have Windows 8, straight from W7.

What I find is that Windows 10 reminds me of the simplified, mobile device versions of everything that are so much the trend. I had to "manually" set it so that it could find my disc drive. That was a little bit of a hurdle and the only one I remember.

"Mike," the neighbor who worked part-time before retiring finally, told me how his new car compared to his pickup, which he has had - forever. He went thru this amazing litany of features, automatic this and that. I wondered aloud how we were going to be driving these things with the continuing changes in technology. He said, "Oh, I'll be dead by then ..."

Mike is a little younger than I am. I hope he lives a long, long life :).

Steve

Latest posts