Wintersown Seed Mix-up?

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I got some seeds from wintersown, last year and the year before. The year before I got these seeds for White Wonder Tomatoes and I tried to go 5 of them. Lost 3 to hardening off issues and 2 to blight before bloom ever came.

This year I got the last 2 seeds I had left to take!!! :weee They are both HEAVY with fruit and look very healthy.

One fruit (not bad from several dozen tomatoes) has a huge bad stop from what looks like blossom end rot. I added more egg shell and picked the bad one. It looked about to turn so I set it in my fruit bowl and waited. Today I looked at it and its turning RED?!

Now, either I did not clearly label the plant... or they didn't clearly label the right seeds... or the person who sent the seeds to them did not label it correctly. OR its a cross pollinated plant that is not longer what I had hoped for! :tongue

So, just wondering if anyone got any seeds from wintersown that turned out to NOT be what the label said they are? Just wondering before I plant anything else... up until now, the seeds were correct to name.

When a nice looking one ripens, I'll get pictures and we'll try to solve the mystery of what tomatoes I have!

Latest posts