wonton soup

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
here you go @Carol Dee todays lunch that was turned into a early dinner.....
please control the drooling.
since i do not have the patience to make neat nurses hat wontons just make rectangles
DSC_0007.JPG

of course the very first ones that come off are pan fried with a drizzle of mirin <sweet sake>
DSC_0008.JPG

all the rest boiled ready to hit the stock.
DSC_0009.JPG

added leeks,carrots and bok choi leafs from the garden. with a loaf of sourdough bread for dipping.
DSC_0012.JPG

dang those buggers take forever to make. but well worth the time...
heres the basic recipe
http://www.recipe-to-make.com/Recipe/Wonton_Soup_Recipe.aspx

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well that puts my dinner to shame. :oops: Broccoli cheddar soup and grilled cheese on sourdough.
It looks like you are head cook there. You need to rub elbows with my DH , he could use some cooking lessons. His specialties are frozen pizza and popcorn.

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
mmmm, that looks SO GOOD! I love wonton soup. Saved the recipe, looks good!

@Carol Dee and @so lucky ... I'm not sure if it's any easier cooking for a guy who cooks a whole lot better the I do. I did impress him with a stir fry last night though, or he just said he was.:rolleyes:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was already helping Mom with Thanksgiving meals and pumpkin pie when someone (it could have been her) said every man should know how to make an omelet.

Awhile later, there was that book with the title about "real men" not eating quiche. Well, that just made me mad ... once I figured out what quiche was ;).

So. I became a man who could make quiche!

I'm up for egg-drop soup and I've made raviolis and help DW with eggrolls, quite often. Wonton should be next, right @majorcatfish ?!

:) Steve

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
@digitS'
love a good potato leek spinach quiche...will have to put that on the menu idea board here at the house it's been awhile....
very healthy wonton soup is as long as you make it at home.. lean pork low sodium soy sauce and chicken broth and fresh veggies from the garden..
good stuff......

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
hum lets see...
you will need to bring hubby along, frozen pizza and popcorn are not in the 4 food groups but they are in the fifth" cabin fever" food group.
hows late june when all the spring gardens are producing..... ho heck pack your bags and come on down here for the rest of the winter, even though it's still winter it will feel like the tropicals to both of you....
that goes for any of my family here, if you even come close to here let me know your always welcome...:hugs

Latest posts