Woohoo! Garden expansion! Pictures added post 15!

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That is great news for you! I'm going the opposite direction. As more of the girls move out, our garden is getting smaller. At it's peak, I was tending to 10,000 square feet. It's now down to a more manageable 3200, but then I developed the smaller garden (another 450 sq ft), and planted the new herb garden. It may shrink even more in time.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here's some pictures of what it looks like now.

This is the view from the middle of the driveway. The new area will be to the left of the shed and running parallel to the road.
Then also where the potatoes are now will be added on to the right. I just need to have room to drive my truck and trailer to the shed.

7504_picket_garden_july_2013_005.jpg

This is taken from the road. See my cute little baby fruit trees I just planted this spring?

7504_picket_garden_july_2013_008.jpg

And this is from behind the shed. It looks bigger in the picture than it does to me when I stand there, but it's still going to be a substantial addition. :) :) I haven't finished moving all my junk, and it all could use a little more cleanup.

7504_picket_garden_july_2013_009.jpg

Lesa, I have the opposite soil problem as you. Mine is rocky and fast draining. When I find my box from the ag extension I'll take a soil sample. My thoughts for improving it are the horse and goat pen cleaning, as well as from the coop and run. I also thought I'd get a few bales of alfalfa and run them through the shredder. There's no way my slow compost is ever going to be enough for all the beds, so I'm going to need to be creative. In the fall I'll have leaves from my jobs that I'll shred and put down, and I may talk to the alpaca people down the road about getting some trucks full of poo from their pasture again.

Oh, and I have some buckwheat I can plant for a green manure crop too.

Mary, sorry you don't have more space :( :hugs But I'll tell you what I'll do. You know how you can lease a share of a milk cow and they send you cute pictures? Well, I'm prepared to lease you some of my new garden space! Yeah, so you just tell me what you want me to plant and I'll send you pictures. Then I'll eat it and let you know how yummy it was. What a deal!

Hey! This could catch on! I could be a garden tycoon! :p

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ha! thistle, I hope potatoe beetles get your potatoes. :lol: Ok, I really don't wish that. :hide But don't you go turning mean on me. :tongue

Mary

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
:ep

How'z that work?

:throw

someone pays someone else to grow by request, but the grower eats the harvest, but the person who paid for the honor gets pitcherz?

:bun