Worm Full Moon

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nearly all the robins have left after their January debut.

It occurred to me the other day that they may not have been arriving from the South, even if that was an unusually warm start to winter. Maybe it was a flock that lingered hereabouts, maybe north or at a higher elevation and had just gotten around to making an exit. The weather hasn't been very cold but they may have avoided all the recent wind.

Anyway, the robins can come back now. It will be the "Worm Moon" on Monday so they should be able to get their fill of worms, soon.

You know, @catjac1975 had that picture of Rascal under the Snow Moon. Should we have a picture of @flowerbug feeding the robins?

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
no robins here yet either. probably won't be too long if this weather continues.

the cardinals and mourning doves are having a duel today on who can be the loudest. :)

i'd not heard of a worm moon before either. i think they just make stuff up to get in the news...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Months = Moons

@flowerbug attacks media as the real threat, purposefully ignoring the robins.

Of course, we try to keep track of days and it feels awkward to me that that we have just assigned the numbers to characters in history ... or, to gods, imagined or otherwise. It could be solar in its entirety and equinox/solstice based. That would force us to count to 90. I still can't remember the rhyme that gets me through the 30/31 days of the months so it might not make much difference.

The Anglo-Saxons had their months, as did so many people. August was the Weed Month.

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Months = Moons

@flowerbug attacks media as the real threat, purposefully ignoring the robins.

Of course, we try to keep track of days and it feels awkward to me that that we have just assigned the numbers to characters in history ... or, to gods, imagined or otherwise. It could be solar in its entirety and equinox/solstice based. That would force us to count to 90. I still can't remember the rhyme that gets me through the 30/31 days of the months so it might not make much difference.

The Anglo-Saxons had their months, as did so many people. August was the Weed Month.

Steve

it actually works and is easy!

thirty days has September
April, June and November...

so aside from the obvious exception of February
the rest have 31.

yes, the media is nothing but click bait and
trolling for subscriptions so they can sell your
e-mail address to someone else, etc.

at the rate society is going i may need to start
growing my own weed again so i can self-medicate
the insanity away and perhaps take up home
brewing and wine-making too.

j/k on all of that except the days of the month part. :)

nice day today, i think we're going to try to get the pine
tree trimmed a little so it won't rub against the house
when it gets windy...

once it warms up a bit more.

Last edited:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
See, you can't separate the solar year by moons. There's always a Blue Moon sneaking in ... can't even come up with a name for those. Twelve? Thirteen? Fourteen, sometimes?

Naming 5 months outta order and then have to extrapolate 7?? I try to pronounce it as "hath" and am lost before even getting started!

Self-Medicating for a Clickbait remedy might leave one lost in the ozone.

digitS' bein' followed by a moonshadow, moon shadow, moonshadow
Leapin and hoppin' on a moonshadow, moonshadow, moonshadow

Latest posts