Worried About Chicks

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
My chicks are suppose to come today. They are coming from California today is cold with snow this afternoon. Tracking number a joke. Can not get a live person, tracking just says delivery on time sometime today before 8 pm.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
The only time I ordered chicks by mail, they were about 18 hours late. And that was only from one state away. They all arrived alive, but one was puny and died the next day.
Yours will probably have warmers in the box with them. They can go for quite a while after hatching before they have to drink and eat. Let's hope they don't get stalled in the bad weather.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
My chicks are suppose to come today. They are coming from California today is cold with snow this afternoon. Tracking number a joke. Can not get a live person, tracking just says delivery on time sometime today before 8 pm.
When I get chicks I have to pick them up at the post office. Even in the warm weather. Call your local PO and see if they have them. The PO in your town may not be the one that does your delivery.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Easy said maybe in small towns they answer there phones here when you call it is all automated. You can spend a half hour pushing buttons think your finally going to talk to a real person and put on hold for another hour

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Easy said maybe in small towns they answer there phones here when you call it is all automated. You can spend a half hour pushing buttons think your finally going to talk to a real person and put on hold for another hour

That's all part of the stewardship of caring for animals.

THANX RICH