Would like your opinion please on a gift for my wife

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
a Mother's birthstone jewelry gift. Given how her health has been we're counting our blessings with the 3 that we have.

So was kicking around a couple of ideas and wanted to bounce this around to see what you think.

At first I did the 3 kids stones

image.jpeg

which is what is pictured here. Feb, June, and May respectfully in order of oldest to youngest.

Then I had a thought....(dangerous terminology believe me) since both my wife and I have July birthdays what if I added to it? So I started tinkering with it on their website and came up with this

image.jpeg

Ruby for her/our birth month, the diamond symbolizing our marriage, then the 3 stones for our kids.

It makes sense me with the 5 stones but wasn't sure if it was a stretch or not. I just want it to be"right" or ideal.....perfect? I'm struggling for the best way to phrase it.

The cost is not a factor either because it's something she'll always have. It's not something I'll be adding to either. I think that's my concern is it being perfect.

What do you think? I mean I know both are right and a short of using the wrong stones it's right, but I want to really right.

Reactions: pjn

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Jared77 Better man than me. I have no idea. I'm sure the ladies will chime in. Good luck.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i also like the 5 stone idea! i would love something like that. this year will be our 10th anniversary & usually my dh gets something themed with traditions. i'm not one for the traditional stuff to give to him but he is so tough to buy items other that gift cards to a favorite restaurant, which gets boring each year.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Very pretty!!! I like them both, but I think she'd like the five stone one the best also. It seems to symbolize the facets of her life more as an individual, as a pair, as a wife and as a mother.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
It sounds unanimous :) The 5 stone. For all the reasons listed above. You are so sweet to put so much thought into this special gift. :hugs

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
i also like the 5 stone idea! i would love something like that. this year will be our 10th anniversary & usually my dh gets something themed with traditions. i'm not one for the traditional stuff to give to him but he is so tough to buy items other that gift cards to a favorite restaurant, which gets boring each year.
For our 13th anniversary I sent my husband 13 flowers, one for each year that we had been married. I dedicated a song to him on the radio, You Raise Me Up, by Josh Groban. He totally lost it and started crying and my husband is not the crying type. He was so touched. Maybe you could send your husband 10 different flowers and a hand written card or letter. After all, shouldn't men get flowers too?

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
When we got married we didn't have a pot to....or the window to throw it out. Just two teenagers who had found their soulmates. Needless to say their wasn't much jewellery involved. I wore my first wedding band out so for Christmas that year hubby bought me a new band. I didn't want diamonds just a plain gold band as my hands are always in the dirt.
When son #2 (retired Navy) was in the Persian Gulf he bought me a ring with his, his brother and his sister's birthstones in it and for our 45th anniversary hubby gave me a yesterday, today, tomorrow ring, three stones, a diamond for yesterday a sapphire for our 45th and a diamond for tomorrow. I treasure these but only wear them when we go out.
This August hubby and I have been married 60 years, what we have done for many years is go out for a nice dinner and give each other "THE" card. The thing is it's the same card we've been giving each other for the last 20 or so years, we just add the year and a little notation. Carefully put away after the day in hopes of another year together.
We've been together so long we can finish each others sentences and it's scary in a way, we know what each other is thinking before we say it....and they said it wouldn't last;).
Annette

Latest posts