Would you like to experiment with my Stevia seeds??

PunkinPeep

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I would have put this on the seed train, but i'm not sure how these will do, so i thought i would just offer to share.

I cut down my stevia plant that i had let go way too long, and it has lots of seeded blossoms on it, which i separated.

Stevia seeds are super super tiny, but i read that the germination rate is higher if you use the darker seeds, which i have. The information on how to do this is inconsistent between the sources i read, so i thought if someone want to experiment with me, maybe we can come up with some reliable information for posterity. :D

I'm going to experiment with them, but i have a BUNCH of them, and i would really like it if someone more experienced than i would try them out also, so i can learn from you. :fl

Just let me know, and i'll put them in the mail.

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind trying them :) And we are about the same weather-wise so that might help find a good way to start for our area....

PunkinPeep

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Broke Down Ranch said:
I wouldn't mind trying them :) And we are about the same weather-wise so that might help find a good way to start for our area....
Cool! PM me your address, and i'll drop them in the mail.

My thought was to put the whole blossoms in a cushioned envelope so you can extract them however you like. Tell me if it should be done differently.

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
No, that would probably be the best way. Just don't put it in an air-tight baggie or it might try molding before getting here. Like maybe a single wrap in tissue and stuffed in an envelope...? I say this because I sent Greensage some seeds that weren't completely dry and some tried molding on the trip....

PunkinPeep

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Broke Down Ranch said:
No, that would probably be the best way. Just don't put it in an air-tight baggie or it might try molding before getting here. Like maybe a single wrap in tissue and stuffed in an envelope...? I say this because I sent Greensage some seeds that weren't completely dry and some tried molding on the trip....
O.k. i'll do that! Sounds better than the bubble wrap i had in mind. :thumbsup

NurseNettie

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
PunkinPeep said:
O.k., i have two packages in the mail! I could send one - or maybe two more.

Anybody else want some??????
Am I too late? I'd love to try it if you have any left!! ( My stevia didn't grow well this year-- 1 plant came up and the seedling got moved out of it's tray for some reason, and died on a windowsill!!)

Latest posts