Wrong garden gopher!

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
So I was hoeing the weeds around the horse radish , something I do only couple times per year. I found a fresh small gopher mound right behind it so I set a trap and
4D583426-6F05-456F-BA46-52EAF188D5A8.jpeg

Viola one down.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Is that a gopher trap? I need to put my traps out because 2 of my zuchini leaves have been completely eaten and a baby zuke has been biten. I suspect rats but not quite sure. They've never touched my zuchini before.

Mary

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
almost looks like a vole..... anyway you look at it, another one bites the dust.... keep up on the good work

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
I set the trap in the hole and pulled it out with a gopher in it. The gopher head is under the trigger the other end is the tail lol. Lots of times you catch them backwards because they are pushing dirt down the hole but this one came in headfirst.

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
@ninnymary you probably have voles or rats. Last year I had a vole in the beans. We were picking beans and found some half eaten, I searched a little and found his hole in the row. Instead of setting a trap I put 1/2 stick of juicy fruit gum in the hole and covered it with a heavy flat rock. A week later I took off the rock the gum was gone not sure if that killed it or not , maybe the cat got it. Gophers make a mound of dirt at the end of their holes, if you have no mounds probably not a gopher.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
@ninnymary you probably have voles or rats. Last year I had a vole in the beans. We were picking beans and found some half eaten, I searched a little and found his hole in the row. Instead of setting a trap I put 1/2 stick of juicy fruit gum in the hole and covered it with a heavy flat rock. A week later I took off the rock the gum was gone not sure if that killed it or not , maybe the cat got it. Gophers make a mound of dirt at the end of their holes, if you have no mounds probably not a gopher.
I don't have voles or gophers, just darn rats.

Mary

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I set the trap in the hole and pulled it out with a gopher in it. The gopher head is under the trigger the other end is the tail lol. Lots of times you catch them backwards because they are pushing dirt down the hole but this one came in headfirst.

pushing dirt down in the hole??!!!

Latest posts