WR's 2017 Spring Garden

w_r_ranch

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Finished the layout for the spring garden & got all the seeds ordered... :thumbsup

2017_Spring_Garden_Plan.jpg

2017_Garden_Legend.jpg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
✔ Planning should lead to good follow-through and results, WR.
  • soybeans for edamame
  • garbanzos for hummus
?

Steve

w_r_ranch

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
That looks great! Approximately what are the dimensions?

The main garden is 80' X 50', the asparagus bed is 25' X 4'. Here are a couple of pics from last year:

Garden2_122116.jpg

Asparagus_050216.jpg

✔ Planning should lead to good follow-through and results, WR.
  • soybeans for edamame
  • garbanzos for hummus
?

For the most part, yes. Both are also excellent when steamed & buttered like peas. :thumbsup

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I got the tomato, eggplant, tomatillo & pepper seeds started on Feb. 1st. & all are doing well. The tomatillos & both varieties of tomatoes sprouted on Feb. 6th and the jalapenos, serranos & eggplants came up on Feb. 8th... We had very good germination this year, so there are plenty of 'extras' in the event of bad weather.

Trap_Stands.jpg

Another project was replacing the weeper hose that I have been using to irrigate the asparagus bed. They are more trouble than they are worth (as they only last 1 season here), so I decided to redo it using PVC pipe & 10 brass spray heads. The installation was completed last week.

New_Irrigation.jpg

Today I cut the seed potatoes & applied powdered sulphur to them. We are suppose to have 5 good days here (starting tomorrow) & I want to get them planted ASAP. With 95 'seeds', I expect to harvest about 400 lbs. around the beginning of June.

Potatoes_Ready_022017.jpg