Yellow dust from grass

nanzi

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Hi All I've been lurking and finally had to register as I have an unusual query.:ep
When Hubby and our white dog come in, or walk around the yard they have yellow dust on their feet. It's not marigold pollen as we had thought it might be, we have no idea. :idunno
Has anyone ever had or heard of this??? it comes off easily in the pool, but the dog has weird stains on her short JRT legs, and she does get in the pool too.
Any Ideas????
We are in DE right on the MD border, have at least an acre of yard surrounded by woods.
Thanks for any enlightenment.
Nan Zitney:tools:watering

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My first couple speculations would be -- grass pollen from some of the grass in your lawn starting to flower? Neighbors using lawn or garden chemicals in dust or spray form and some drifting over to your lawn? Pollen from daylilies or lilies or certain other flowers (although it is not entirely obvious to me how this would get onto feet)?

You could go walk around the yard with an old white sock on your hand, swiping it on places they walk, to try to localize the source of the stuff, which would probalby help you ID it.

Good luck,

Pat

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yes indeed, what Pat said! :)

I didn't really need to 2nd this, of course. I really just wanted to say, Welcome, Nanzi, and I hope you'll continue to post with us! :happy_flower

nanzi

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Hi all, thanks for the welcome.
Will see if we can track down the pollenator. Have never seen this in my 64 years.
Will report back what we find with a white something.
Nan