You will never believe what my DH did

nccountrygirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
When we pulled up the garden last week, my hubby tilled under the cantaloupe's (I thought he pulled them ) and we put Black Kow down to help amend this heavy clay soil we have, well now I've got little cantaloupe plants coming up every where. I guess he's going to have to get out there and pull them up, they don't have enough time to make fruit and I don't want them strangling my collars or green beans. Oh boy what a waste of good seeds.

Rosalind

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I believe it. Mine weedwhacked my winter squash plants "because they were getting in the way, all the way out in the lawn." This is the same lawn that we have not walked on since Memorial Day, that we let grow a foot tall and took a hay crop from. And he's concerned that a spaghetti squash vine with two female squash blossoms on it was drifting out into the grass in an untidy manner...

silkiechicken

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That sucks. Just pretend the cantaloupes were cross pollinated with like a pumpkin or something so the seeds would be off. Not that I know if a cantaloupe could cross with a pumpkin or not. Kind of like the time my mom "helped out" and weeded my peas... well she let the snow peas grow, but plucked out all the pole bean seeds that were planted every other spot...

Latest posts