Zucchini Jam UPDATE

blurose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
If anybody needs a recipe for zucchini jam just let me know, I've got one. Its a good use for extra zucchini and you'd never know you were eating squash jam. :D

Zucchini Jam

6 c. peeled, seeded and grated zucchini
6 c. sugar
Bring to a boil and boil for 6 min.
(optional--Add 3/4 c. crushed and drained pineapple one 6oz can)Add
1/2 c. lemon juice. Bring to a boil and boil for 6 min. Stir in one 6oz. package (dry) jello (use any flavor you want). Pour into jars and seal with 2 thin coatings of paraffin wax.
Makes seven 1/2 pint jars.

The crushed pineapple is really more for texture than anything. You really don't taste it, unless you use a pineapple flavored jello mix, which was not even created when I started using this recipe. I usually used a peach or apricot flavored jello myself.

rockytopsis

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I don't really know that I would make any but if you would like to give us the recipe I sure would like to read what is in it and the directions. Sounds like a recipe one should have on hand.

Nubsmum

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I also would love this recipe. Have never heard of it and it would be a good use of my zukes if I ever get any to grow. I have been out hand pollinating every morning. :bee

blurose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Here is my other recipe, this one is for a strawberry version. Both recipes are a great use for those forgot-to-pick-em, found-em-hiding-on-the-back-of-the-vine HUGE zucchini.

STRAWBERRY & ZUCCHINI JAM

6 c. ground zucchini
1 box (10 oz.) frozen strawberries
6 c. sugar
1 (6 oz.) box strawberry Jello

Mix sugar and zucchini. Let stand for 1 hour. Bring to a boil and add frozen strawberries and boil until thick. Add the Jello. Pour into sterile jars and seal. Process 10 minutes in boiling water bath.

HAPPY CANNING :rainbow-sun

coopy

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Thanks for the recipes. Have never heard of this before. I wonder if you can use blueberries?
What do the jellies taste like? Strawberry and Pineapple?

blurose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Coopy, they taste like whatever flavor of jello you use. I bet you could make it with blueberries, following the strawberry recipe and just subing the blueberries and a box of blueberry jello, but I never tried it myself. You could experiment, and you'd only be out 6 cups of sugar if it doesn't turn out.

rockytopsis

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Thanks Blurose, those sound down right interesting and different enough to take to the county fair. I was wondering if on the first one could you use the 10 minute boiling water bath instead of the paraffin?

Nubsmum

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Sounds Yummy. I don't have any zucchinis yet but am optimistic. I wonder if you could use sugar free jello and splenda? I am doing some jams this year with splenda to cut the calories. When I finally get enough zucchini I will post how it turns out. I bet you could do any flavor you want.

Thanks for the great recipe. :dance

Latest posts