ZUCCHINI RECIPES ~ or courgettes as we Brits call them........!!!!!

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi there! :frow

I've just made this recipe for my lunch with some of my first zucchini & it was so delicious I had to pass it on to you. :frow

http://joannasfood.blogspot.com/2007/07/lemony-courgette-salad.html

Slice it very thin!

Hope you like it.

It keeps raining hard here with bright sunshine between the showers -- so there should be plenty more zucchini soon. :celebrate

:rose Hattie :rose

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thanks hattie ;) for posting this recipe looks good, i'll try this once my zucchini start producing.
I also like to make a fritata out of zucchini and its great on pizza.

I looovvve zucchini !!!!!! :drool

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I am not a fan of raw zucchini, but that does look good.

I make zucchini flat "bread".

Mix grated zucchini (squeezed dry), duck eggs, mozzarella cheese, salt, minced garlic, and whatever herbs you want (I use minced fresh basil and greek oregano). Form in to a foccacia bread-type flat loaf on a silicon baking sheet. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake at 350.

I cut this in to strips and dip it in spaghetti sauce. You can also dip it in garlic butter or spiced olive oil.

Since I do not eat wheat, this is my "bread stick" substitute. They aren't EXACTLY like bread sticks...they are floppier...but they are very tasty. In fact, I have some zucchini in the fridge I need to use up.

Guess what I am having for lunch??

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I love how my granny made Calabasitas. Spanish for squash.

Saute onions and garlic in butter, olive oil, for what ever

then add summer squash. I like the green zukes or the yellow crooked necks or the patty.

Then a bit of sour cream and yellow cheese simmer til hungry and add salt and pepper to taste.

I like mine colorful so if I use green zukes I add corn or if I use yellow I add red bell pepers and use a green onion.

Latest posts