Zuchini marmalade

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Every year I let one zucchini grow till it gets old and tough in order to make zucchini marmalade. Here is this years candidate .
6858_zucchini2.jpg

Guess you could say it's two feet long. :rolleyes:

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It was still growing but if I let it get much older I'd have had to split it with an axe.

RickF

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
What might I ask does this marmalade taste like? Never had it..

We did have Zucchini meat loaf last weekend and didn't tell the kids until it was gone.. They didn't know any better!

I've got to find my old recipe I once had (from UseNet) for Chocolate Zucchini cake -- yum!

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
RickF said:
What might I ask does this marmalade taste like? Never had it..

We did have Zucchini meat loaf last weekend and didn't tell the kids until it was gone.. They didn't know any better!

I've got to find my old recipe I once had (from UseNet) for Chocolate Zucchini cake -- yum!
It has zuchini, crushed pineapple, lemon peel, lemon juice and crystalized ginger in it. I also add some chopped walnuts but you don't have to.
You can make it with young grated zuchini but I like it better if you let a zucchini get tough and cube it into 1/2 inch cubes. It's more like marmalade that way.

RickF

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Sounds interesting.. I think I'd rather try it made-up before trying a batch and finding it's not my favorite.. ;)

Latest posts