Coffee

Finnie

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
1715519230062.jpeg

To everyone who is or has or had a mother!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Looking forward to coffee but only ... 9/16th of my way to the second breakfast. And, making some broth from chicken bones only occupied so much of my morning ...

;) Like @Gardening with Rabbits , I have done some limiting, cutting coffee intake to 1 & 5/8 to 2 cups each day. It isn't so much the caffeine but I have taken to sugar sweet and I am thinking that this isn't such a good idea, given that I like other sweets on, just about, an every meal basis.

Reading about DNA analysis of New Guinea natives. They were isolated from the rest of the world for an estimated 50,000 years. There are significant differences between the genetics of those people living near sea-level and those at 8-9000 feet. The researchers hope to continue their research to better understand those differences relating to blood cells regarding both oxygen levels and malaria.

Wondering what part the US may play in this. I had real trouble adapting quickly to 10,000 feet in Colorado and I don't live anywhere close to sea-level. The healthcare folks are always interested in putting that thingamajig on an olde guy's finger – O2 always good despite respiratory problems ... The US is a big player in health research, even on a global level. Kaiser Family Foundation has some stats online LINK. It isn't just what fed researchers are involved in but funding universities with their connections internationally. Ten to 13 billion $ per year (& spiked, of course, during the pandemic)! I wonder how many projects that includes. Well, Americans are generally interested in their government being involved in health research and some of these problems can sweep through continents and worldwide. No isolation for 50,000 years, currently ...

Better have another cup of herbal ... I have enough of that tea mixed up for the next couple of weeks but, by then, I am hoping the anise hyssop outdoors has caught up with the lemon verbena so that I will be wondering around in the small hours of the mornings collecting fresh leaves in the backyard :). Oh, gotta hang towels out on the line first - earn my herbal this sunny AM.

Steve

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Looking forward to coffee but only ... 9/16th of my way to the second breakfast. And, making some broth from chicken bones only occupied so much of my morning ...

;) Like @Gardening with Rabbits , I have done some limiting, cutting coffee intake to 1 & 5/8 to 2 cups each day. It isn't so much the caffeine but I have taken to sugar sweet and I am thinking that this isn't such a good idea, given that I like other sweets on, just about, an every meal basis.

Reading about DNA analysis of New Guinea natives. They were isolated from the rest of the world for an estimated 50,000 years. There are significant differences between the genetics of those people living near sea-level and those at 8-9000 feet. The researchers hope to continue their research to better understand those differences relating to blood cells regarding both oxygen levels and malaria.

Wondering what part the US may play in this. I had real trouble adapting quickly to 10,000 feet in Colorado and I don't live anywhere close to sea-level. The healthcare folks are always interested in putting that thingamajig on an olde guy's finger – O2 always good despite respiratory problems ... The US is a big player in health research, even on a global level. Kaiser Family Foundation has some stats online LINK. It isn't just what fed researchers are involved in but funding universities with their connections internationally. Ten to 13 billion $ per year (& spiked, of course, during the pandemic)! I wonder how many projects that includes. Well, Americans are generally interested in their government being involved in health research and some of these problems can sweep through continents and worldwide. No isolation for 50,000 years, currently ...

Better have another cup of herbal ... I have enough of that tea mixed up for the next couple of weeks but, by then, I am hoping the anise hyssop outdoors has caught up with the lemon verbena so that I will be wondering around in the small hours of the mornings collecting fresh leaves in the backyard :). Oh, gotta hang towels out on the line first - earn my herbal this sunny AM.

Steve
I was born in southern Oklahoma and lived there until I was 12 years old. We moved to Colorado and we lived around the 5000 feet level for 4 years. I was pretty active in Oklahoma and I sure was not the slowest runner, but in school running around the track in Colorado, I was always about last. When I stood up sometimes I would see black and have to sit back down. My mother and brother also had this. I don't think my dad did. We moved to Kansas and never had that happen again. About 12 years later we moved to Pueblo for about 3 months and the standing up and seeing black happened again. I had thought the reason we had that trouble was nutrition, but after it happened 12 years later, I think for some reason we just could not handle that altitude. My mother lived to be almost 90. I sure do not want to live at a high elevation now.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
It rained all day yesterday. I barely made it home after church on my washed out, muddy, starting to flood road. Going to rain again this evening. I slept until 7:00, going to get dressed and go outside. Will probably take a couple of hours to get chores done. I’m really getting tired of this. I’ll take the mule to go check out the road. Pretty sure I’m flooded in. Not going to risk my car or truck driving through water, I can wait for it to drain off. Commissioner and crew can’t keep up, many roads worse than mine.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had my coffee. DD is coming soon to get me and I help her with errands and kids. She picked up some peppers and flowers I had for her yesterday and I went with her and she bought Marigold flowers, strawberry plants and a pumpkin plant. She also bought an old wooden ladder from somebody to have pole beans grow on. She was up before her kids yesterday sewing and finishing things that she had sold and counting her money to see if she had enough to buy more compost and have her husband build her another box. I watched her chasing birds off that she thinks is going to get seeds she planted. She was messaging me late last night worried about cold weather coming. She got her Etsy shop going this morning and has already been selling on eBay and Poshmark. She wants a greenhouse to start her own seeds next year. She thinks she needs MORE plants for this year. Same is going to happen to DS as soon as he is married, which is soon, except for the sewing, but his future wife is interested in that and already talking about chickens. I think he will be more like DH than he thinks. He said he was never going to be like dad and interested in yard work and gardening, but he spent the whole weekend in the garden and yard with his future wife. LOLLLLL
:th:lol::D

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I had my coffee. DD is coming soon to get me and I help her with errands and kids. She picked up some peppers and flowers I had for her yesterday and I went with her and she bought Marigold flowers, strawberry plants and a pumpkin plant. She also bought an old wooden ladder from somebody to have pole beans grow on. She was up before her kids yesterday sewing and finishing things that she had sold and counting her money to see if she had enough to buy more compost and have her husband build her another box. I watched her chasing birds off that she thinks is going to get seeds she planted. She was messaging me late last night worried about cold weather coming. She got her Etsy shop going this morning and has already been selling on eBay and Poshmark. She wants a greenhouse to start her own seeds next year. She thinks she needs MORE plants for this year. Same is going to happen to DS as soon as he is married, which is soon, except for the sewing, but his future wife is interested in that and already talking about chickens. I think he will be more like DH than he thinks. He said he was never going to be like dad and interested in yard work and gardening, but he spent the whole weekend in the garden and yard with his future wife. LOLLLLL
:th:lol::D
It's funny - we say we will never do a lot of things... I said I would always be a California girl. Not anymore! Lol!

Latest posts