Smoked Salmon Sushi!

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We made sushi tonight with the fresh seaweed we collected today!

Attachments

• IMG_20240409_182604165_640x482.jpg
    IMG_20240409_182604165_640x482.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 21

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My son took his classroom kids to a fishing event the other day. They all caught trout, which had been planted the day before. Many of the kids thought the fish were "gross!!" so he gave them to me, and I smoked them all. 12 trout. YUMMY!!
Did they feed the kids those snackables treats for lunch? We are raising marshmellows. I hire them. I have 2 right now that are entirely shocked by what customers expect of them. Taking entire classes of children to eat the various foods offered by the world in the local restuerants should be a requirement to graduate.

Last edited:

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Did they feed the kids those snackables treats for lunch? We are raising marshmellows. I hire them. I have 2 right now that are entirely shocked by what customers expect of them. Taking entire classes of children to eat the various foods offered by the world in the local restuerants should be a requirement to graduate.
I feel your pain Dirtmechanic. Hiring is not something that I have ever been tasked with, but over the course of the past few years even a simple dinner party invitation has become fraught with peril. Between those with allergies, those who don't eat meat, those who can't tolerate gluten, those who are lactose intolerant, and those who just plain don't like certain foods (such as my husband who will not eat peas, lima beans, or lutfisk) there is sometimes little food left over to cook with (not that I would ever cook lutfisk for company-- it is like fish jello, and is not very good). Occasionally all of these dietary restrictions all present in one meal, and a simple dinner party becomes a gauntlet. Now I have started stating what I am cooking for dinner, and then issuing an invitation for those who might to come over to enjoy it with us. It's simpler that way. I am sympathetic to those with food sensitivities-- and so very grateful that I can eat almost anything and enjoy it.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
... Now I have started stating what I am cooking for dinner, and then issuing an invitation for those who might to come over to enjoy it with us. It's simpler that way. I am sympathetic to those with food sensitivities-- and so very grateful that I can eat almost anything and enjoy it.

that makes sense, but if you do want a larger gathering sometime you can just ask people who have sensitivities to make a dishes to pass (of things they can eat).

i live with someone who doesn't eat much spicy anything and i love chili peppers and other spicy foods, i just have to keep some hot sauce on hand and once in a while i cook something spicy for me knowing she won't touch it. i can usually take some portion of it and set it aside for another dish before i put the spicy stuff in and she will eat that.

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
that makes sense, but if you do want a larger gathering sometime you can just ask people who have sensitivities to make a dishes to pass (of things they can eat).

i live with someone who doesn't eat much spicy anything and i love chili peppers and other spicy foods, i just have to keep some hot sauce on hand and once in a while i cook something spicy for me knowing she won't touch it. i can usually take some portion of it and set it aside for another dish before i put the spicy stuff in and she will eat that.
Chili crisp and some sort of Sambal are usually present in my fridge. I made an omelette the other morning that was not really hot but made my scalp tingle. I thought it was a stronger wakeup than coffee.

Latest posts