Trying Different Approach to Truck

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I sent a email today asking how truck was coming alone. I added a line that I was getting worried about paying. I said each month the money I set aside keep getting smaller and smaller with other bills that come up. lets see his reply

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Although he may say fine, sell the truck and give back to you whatever he deems appropriate-could be nothing.

My friend, he has you-if he wants.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Think it worked today reply
It's coming along. I have another guy in the shop now and he is working on it.

Sent from my Windows Phone
Sent: ‎5/‎30/‎2016 5:36 PM
To:
Subject: 55 truck

How is truck going ? gettng little worried money I put aside to restore keeps going down with bills for other things.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
He had better cut you a sweet deal as he is using your project as a fill in between his other jobs. Never a non paying down time thanks to your job. Remind me, how long has he had it? Noah built an ark with primitive hand tools in almost
Less time.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
my dad, now retired & has lots of time, seems to be doing some side jobs for a local mechanic that focuses on motorcycles & other 'toys'. but lately my dad has been working on some guy's old BMW bike & he can't wait to be done & paid for it. as much as my dad has said how nice the newer BMW bikes look (the touring types like the 1200), he doesn't want to own one just for the costs for parts.

the owner was stalling on paying him to get the parts, but finally this week the guy paid for some of it & got to test ride it. dad says there are still some tweaking to do but it's about complete.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
He took truck july 4 weekend said about 2 months. Coming up on a year !!!!! My sister and brother inlaw are friends with him and his wife. My sister told me she feels bad but will not say anything because it might hurt their friendship.Sister is how I got him, she said he does great work.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Like so many people, don't want to get involved. At least you know where you stand with her.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay she really is good always willing to help any way she can. Most of the help needed with my grandparents and parents fell to her. I am very lucky she is my sister. Her and her husband are into car shows, big part of their lives so I can understand not wanting to step on anyones toes in that field.