CC's Fruits, Veggies & Food 2023

Crealcritter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Been waiting for the last bench grafted pear to break bud, today was the day :) Mainly whip and tongue grafts but there may be a cleft graft or two in there. I'll baby sit them like the other grafted trees and set them out after they go dormant.
Screenshot_20240415_133114_Gallery.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Been waiting for the last bench grafted pear to break bud, today was the day :) Mainly whip and tongue grafts but there may be a cleft graft or two in there. I'll baby sit them like the other grafted trees and set them out after they go dormant.
View attachment 65231

I don't know if this is the same kind of grafting, but my dad did a lot of experimental fruit tree grafting in his garden. The coolest tree he grafted was an apple tree with 6 different apple varieties!!!

Crealcritter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I don't know if this is the same kind of grafting, but my dad did a lot of experimental fruit tree grafting in his garden. The coolest tree he grafted was an apple tree with 6 different apple varieties!!!
I like your dad already I just did a 6 variety apple this year, 7 if you count the crab apples produced from the rootsock.

March 2024 after pruning and grafting.
Screenshot_20240523_214848_Gallery.jpg

May 23 2024, it's since kind of exploded with new branch growth. But that's OK... I'll prune it and graft more varieties onto it next year. I would like to eventually graft every apple variety we have in the orchard on to this tree.
Screenshot_20240523_215429_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

Crealcritter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Pear and cherry grafts from early spring. I had a stella cherry graft die because I got sloppy with the pruners, pruning back to all but a centeral leader. So I just regrafted a stella scion back on to the rootstock, it's now flowering, so that graft has took.

A couple of the cherries have taken off after I pruned to a centeral leader. I'm hopeful, if I do a good job baby sitting them over summer that I can plant them in the orchard this fall, after the go dormant. I look at it as motivation to be a good baby sitter :) I'm beginning to understand why a nursery is called a nursery.
Screenshot_20240523_203846_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts