Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Girls are laying again. :D
18590.jpg

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I am Sure you never get as hot there as We do in the summer. One year, when I had a flock that was laying a lot of eggs, I was keeping them on the counter. I only AC the LR/DR, and there is a door, so the kitchen is hardly Ever AC'd.
Temperature was in the high 90s. Many eggs exPLODED! :gig

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
On a broken Peony tuber, an bud decided to grow.
21066.jpg

I grew some Dahlias from seeds this year and pinched them to encourage the side shoots. Instead of discarding the pinched tops, I took them as cuttings and tried propagating them. I don't expect a 100% successful rate, but obviously, some are doing better than others.

So, if 50% survive and root properly, more new plants will be there.
21067.jpg

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Something old,
something new,
something borrowed,
something blue,
and a [silver] sixpence in her shoe.

----

It's not a sixpence, but well, a silver coin from UK is enough. The something new is a bit too huge (for this photo) but it's a new food processor from DH. Anyway, a simple blessing - Good luck for my tiny little Café.

DH and I brought cakes to visit the neighbors in the surroundings, as we don't think conventional advertisement is helpful. We will visit gradually the neighbors in the surroundings. The journey just begins, and we don't need to rush.

It's a good opportunity to find some lovely people/families in the neighborhood - and we can enjoy the process, too.
438276065_440884311995286_8476192614148924876_n (1).jpg

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Something old,
something new,
something borrowed,
something blue,
and a [silver] sixpence in her shoe.

----

It's not a sixpence, but well, a silver coin from UK is enough. The something new is a bit too huge (for this photo) but it's a new food processor from DH. Anyway, a simple blessing - Good luck for my tiny little Café.

DH and I brought cakes to visit the neighbors in the surroundings, as we don't think conventional advertisement is helpful. We will visit gradually the neighbors in the surroundings. The journey just begins, and we don't need to rush.

It's a good opportunity to find some lovely people/families in the neighborhood - and we can enjoy the process, too.
View attachment 66192
Good strategy Phaedra. Community building is key. I wish you lived next door to me!