Garden Master
Reaction score
@Zeedman

h_bostonia_GettyImages-BB9319-001.jpg

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
and also everyone in Iowa who's had those storms... :(

i'm checking the weather before i go to sleep because they said chance of storms after 2am but maybe this misses us this time.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think that worked @digitS' - the tornadoes all broke up before they reached me. No hail either (which didn't matter anyway, since nothing is planted yet). It undoubtedly helped that the squall line arrived late, as the storms were weakening... had they arrived an hour earlier, things might have been much worse. We didn't just dodge a bullet, we dodged an artillery barrage

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
storm that @Zeedman was worrying about had a gap in it big enough that we weren't even affected by it at all that evening. it was kinda acting yesterday like it wanted to rain again, but that didn't happen either.

today is sunny and bright and will be cooler with a breeze so we are mowing and i'm not getting much gardening done (well i did get some weeding done on some pathways and mulched areas but i don't think of that as actual gardening as much as just maintenance).

i think we will try to get over to the greenhouse today to pick up our starts. cross that bridge when we come to it.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Below 40⁰ again this morning.

I messed up putting the tomatoes out — very windy weather and then, too cool. Some of them look beaten. More in greenhouse as insurance but I don't want to do a replacement. Those are rootbound and don't look so great, either.

Timing. Garden Life. Everything.

Steve

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Our forecast is calling for one rainy day after another, so it may be a challenge to get the rest of the bean starts planted in the garden. When the sun comes out everything seems to dry up really quickly, so for now I will cross my fingers and hope for some short breaks in the clouds. Otherwise this may become a bit of a predicament. :rolleyes:

Latest posts