1 Month Comparison Photos

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Nachoqtpie, your beds look FANTASTIC for 2 weeks. Remember, they're doing a lot of growing underneath the soil right now, and once they get their roots better established, they'll start showing more growth up top. No, I don't think you need to thin those beans. They'll do just fine.

Steve, I can imagine your bare dirt, and am IMPRESSED w/ the beauty of your updated photo. All those colors, and they're so artfully placed!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Wow guys! Things sure do grow FAST don't they? Daisy, always gorgeous (and I really need to looking into those pipes as waterers. I just looked them over on your blog :) )

Nacho, you're are doing AMAZING. You should be so proud, just imagine what it will be like in another 2 weeks. ;) Are those bush beans or pole beans? I plant my beans pretty close and I don't worry about it. :p

Here's some of our before and afters.

Before 4/2011:
14084_img_6591.jpg

After 6/2011:
14084_img_6746.jpg

Before 4/2011:
14084_img_6587.jpg

After 6/2011:
14084_img_6747.jpg

Before 4/2011:
14084_newbeds2.jpg

After 6/2011:
14084_img_6745.jpg

Amazing how shortly everything can come together!

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
*giggle*

Thanks guys... I guess I was really down about those stinking tomatoes!

Those are bush beans... and all of our beds are 4'x8' They're planted about hand width apart in rows... and the rows are 4 rows in the bed. The rows kinda vary in width because I can't draw a straight line if my life depended on it... and... hubs kept moving where he dropped the seeds! LOL Stinker!

The two tomato plants we bought at Lowes last night. The other ones are just SO tiny... :-( There are a couple of them that have what looks like the start of some new growth I'm hoping this cool weather we got coming (for a couple days at least) will give it some time to let that new stuff pop up! :fl

Quite a few of the cukes died... but I put in some new seeds and hopefully they will pop up soon, and I'm not sure that the peppers popped up either. The one bed where our onions and carrots are... I have no idea what's what as far as onions...... sooooo... I guess we'll just let them be for a while... LOL

The apples are getting quite heavy for our poor lil trees! I hope that the branches don't break by the fall!! LOL The one lone pear is still hangin in there! It's starting to get bigger too. The mulberry bush that we put in the beginning of May is full of leaves and has some berries on it as well! I can't wait for those to be ripe... mine all mine!! LOL

calendula

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Very nice! Looks like things are growing well down in Texas. We have just transplanted from the greenhouse, so I will have to post some pics later this month.

Latest posts