75 hours

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That's my total hours this past week. Fifteen hours are travel that I don't get paid for. I've never been so ready for a weekend...considering I worked last weekend both Saturday and Sunday.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
And just how close to retirement are you? Those kind of hours don't leave much for the other aspects of living. Sleep, family, rest, play. You have more than earned your weekend.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yes he has. Poor guy. He's up by 4 and gone by 4:45 or 5 am every morning. I feel special because he's been home before 9 pm the last two nights :D

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
How close to retirement am I? That depends on how long it takes me to hit the lottery :(

I fell on a job site a week ago this passed Tuesday (the 2nd). I think I have a broken rib. That's not making things any easier.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
You can keep that up for a while but eventually you have to take a break. Instrumentation is both physical and mental, so you can get really worn out. Mental can be as bad or worse than just physical. I used to work that kind of schedule when I was working 28 days on- 28 days off overseas in Asia and Africa. After four weeks I was totally fried. It took a week of being home before I was close to normal, whatever normal is for me. And occasionally I'd work a 6 weeks on and 2 off when my back-to-back had an emergency (he did the same for me). That was really rough.

Since it was on the job I hope you got your ribs checked out in case there are complications. I've heard they don't even wrap some broken ribs anymore, depending on the break. My sister-in-law just went through that. You'll probably just have to live with it until it heals. I know a lot of construction companies try to discourage reporting injuries because of their safety record in spite of all their talk about "safety" on the job and reporting all injuries or incidents. But take care of your self first and make sure you are covered by insurance. Maybe with an injured rib you can at least avoid the pulling wire part and just do the connections.

Latest posts