A couple of pics from today in the yarden.

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
7236_dscf4329.jpg

squash blossom

7236_dscf4332.jpg

7236_dscf4340.jpg

Mystery squash, it ripens bright orange and small, any ideas?

7236_dscf4342.jpg

another mystery squash, any ideas on this one?

7236_dscf4347.jpg

7236_dscf4348.jpg

7236_dscf4351.jpg

clematis flower
7236_dscf4353.jpg

These pics were an experiment we just bought my husband a P&S camera for work and I was playing w/ it. It won't take the place of my Nikon DSLR, but I was very impressed w/ it's capabilities.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Looks as though you are having a long season for your part of the country this year.

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yes we are I have skated by a couple of killing frosts that have nailed others in the area. We live on top of the hill in Henryetta, I think that has helped me (elevation). My "luck" may be ending this week though. :hit

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nice pictures Kassaundra! The squash blossom is such a cheerful hue, and I especially like the composition of the second clematis. It's my opinion that clematis are just plain lovely and I love every one of them. The color of yours is delicious! I worked today and there was one little lonely clematis bloom on a vine I just planted this summer. I think it was trying to hold on to summer like the rest of us.
Very cold and breezy today, but the sun shone :coolsun .

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nice, Kassaundra!

The (poplar?) leaf in the tree is terribly artistic! You could have a autumn collage of photo's with that leaf :).

The mystery squashes: could either be a Red Kuri (click)?

Steve

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
thistlebloom said:
Nice pictures Kassaundra! The squash blossom is such a cheerful hue, and I especially like the composition of the second clematis. It's my opinion that clematis are just plain lovely and I love every one of them. The color of yours is delicious! I worked today and there was one little lonely clematis bloom on a vine I just planted this summer. I think it was trying to hold on to summer like the rest of us.
Very cold and breezy today, but the sun shone :coolsun .
Thanks.
That was one of my favorites of the day too, I really liked the composition of that one. That clematis vine always produces flowers in the fall, but I have a second vine darker purple and smaller flowers it never makes flowers in the fall. :idunno

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
digitS' said:
Nice, Kassaundra!

The (poplar?) leaf in the tree is terribly artistic! You could have a autumn collage of photo's with that leaf :).

The mystery squashes: could either be a Red Kuri (click)?

Steve
That could explain alot!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was told when I was given that tree (10 years ago) it was a pecan, but it has never bore. :th

My squash sure looks like that kuri thanks.

Mattemma

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Very nice pictures. Gosh I wish I lived in your area instead of here in Ohio where all is dead and wet now.

Latest posts