A Favorite Tea?

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Obsessed, I posted a link to my favorite online vendor, Harney & Sons. Go wander around there and explore the vast tea world!

I use an open tea brewing basket in my cups, so the leaves can fully open for brewing. Just use the same leaves over again, once or even twice - good quality teas can be treated that way, a Lipton tea bag just can't.

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I love tea, I cannot start my day without a steaming hot cup of tea, and it must be very hot, almost undrinkable.
My husband over the years has learned to make it exactly the way I like it and you know everything tastes better when you don't have to get up and make it yourself.
I love those days when he is up before me and I wake up to tea.
I like most teas that I have tried but some I could not drink every day, the floral types are good once in a while in the afternoons but in the morning I like a strong cup, usually black or oolong but I like to try new things.

My friend had a tea room for a while and has a bunch of stuff left over that she wants to pass on to me.

Here is a quote that I have always felt was me exactly, I even thought of using it in my signature line:
You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me. ~C.S. Lewis

I can relate to this one too,when I am upset or not feeling well everyone always rushes around to make me a cup of tea, like that will fix everything.

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a nice cup of tea.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
obsessed said:
I got a detox tea from the health food store that is absolutely repulsive. Needless to say I would rather be toxic. I also love me some green tea.
I think I know which brand you are talking about! Was it heavily loaded with black pepper? If so, I think their idea of detox is to make you throw up! :sick

Sunrise over the Mountain

This formula was originally blended in honor of the first sunrise of the New Year. It is for celebration and ceremony. A tea for the new dawn! Contents: organic hibiscus, organic dandelion root, organic cinnamon, organic ginger, organic red roses, star anise, organic cloves, organic cardamom, and stevia.

That does sound good! I haven't purchased any of their blends, but I should... I like to get the bulk herbs and mix my own.

digitS' said:
What do you suppose pregnancy tea would do for me? Exclusivity isn't really fair now that we know that some women smoke cigars now and then.
I don't know... Maybe put hair on your chest? LOL :gig

simple life said:
Here is a quote that I have always felt was me exactly, I even thought of using it in my signature line:
You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me. ~C.S. Lewis
I really like that one! :)

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I roast my own coffee I am that much of a coffee drinker

the only tea I really make much is compost tea :)

seriously I love hisbiscus or Jamaica flower tea ...sorrel tea anything tart but tea I love iced only the Asian teas do I drink hot and only if someone hands it to me I rarely if ever make a cup of hot tea

I wish I liked it more it is so good for you!!! reading this maybe I will experiment!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, I wish I could roast my own coffee but . . . I'd just drink too much. Yeah, good coffee has led to bad results probably more than once. And, I haven't been able to get off the stomach meds in the latest go-around.

I now drink only 1/3rd caffeinated in the morning - about 12 ounces. It isn't just the caffeine with coffee tho' but that's part of the problem. . . . Too much of a good thing is just a little hard on the tummy.

I'd think it would be fantastic to live somewhere I could grow my own Camellia sinensis. Is that what you are thinking of Punkin? Imagine! I suppose that I would also turn it into a "whole food" with a sweetener and milk :p.

All of those things that are edible around us make for an interesting beverage (or at least, a taste) if infused into water. I like to have a cup of the water from steaming winter squash ;).

When I cooked more often - having a good broth or stock seemed to be the most important "trick" to the process. Almost dinner time here - noodle soup & homemade bread. My potato timbales will have to wait until DW isn't cooking up a storm in the kitchen. What a good resource allrecipe.com is. I didn't know they had an "ingredient search." Thanks to PunkinPeep, I explored it a little :).

And, now to take a look at Harney & Sons :happy_flower.

Steve

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I am so glad I do not have issues with coffee I will leave you to your tea then enjoy it is so good for you ...but so is coffee imho

everything is good until it is bad!

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oh i love tea, my favorite is Lemon Balm tea. I just recently harvested some stems from my lemon balm plant i have. Once the leaves are dried i'll make tea from it.

PunkinPeep

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I'd think it would be fantastic to live somewhere I could grow my own Camellia sinensis. Is that what you are thinking of Punkin? Imagine! I suppose that I would also turn it into a "whole food" with a sweetener and milk
is that what it's called? you can see i really have not done a lot of (or any) research. :hide

but now that you gave me the info, i know that it seems to grow well on the south-easterly coast. i think i might not be successful trying to grow it here.

What a good resource allrecipe.com is. I didn't know they had an "ingredient search." Thanks to PunkinPeep, I explored it a little .
You're welcome! I'm interested in what recipes you're going to try!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, you remember those potatoes, eggs, and those 2 cartons of sour cream? We are now down to 1 carton of sour cream . . .

In the "ingredient search" - I included those 3 ingredients and tossed in half a carton of ricotta cheese.

Out popped a potato timbale!

I used to make clam timbales with rice and a nice sauce. Apparently, they were something special. My brother still talks about them and, believe me, my brother doesn't talk about much. We are very different people . . .

Steve

Latest posts