And now..a word from our sponsor...Monsanto

Holachicka

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Don't forget that the article was written by Ronnie Cummins, the national director of the Organic Consumers Association. That is a multi-billion dollar industry that is just as greedy as any other. BUT I still feel more comfortable raising my own food, takes any questions I may have out of the loop.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Holachicka said:
Don't forget that the article was written by Ronnie Cummins, the national director of the Organic Consumers Association. That is a multi-billion dollar industry that is just as greedy as any other. BUT I still feel more comfortable raising my own food, takes any questions I may have out of the loop.
Didn't know that, thank you. Once again, follow the old rule--follow the $$$$.

I do agree that raising your own food is the BEST solution, why I have huge garden. My backyard flock is because I like to watch hen/chicks and listen to rooster crow. Little wierd there.

Holachicka

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
seedcorn said:
I do agree that raising your own food is the BEST solution, why I have huge garden. My backyard flock is because I like to watch hen/chicks and listen to rooster crow. Little wierd there.
I am the same way!! :lol: I love to watch them, they are pets to us... but if I can pick out specific birds that will be for food, v.s. fun, I can distance myself enough to know not to get attached... For instance, I have an extra Buff Orp Roo, and while the two boys were growing up, I picked the one with the better body for meat to keep, so that I can breed birds for meat. The scrawny one we will have for dinner in a few weeks, because I don't want to continue a scrawny breed... It makes it easier for me, because I like to know that while "Spike" is for meat, he enjoyed a happy peaceful life before his end. Not many of my grocery store only friends understand that.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Your grocery store only friends probably think the meat they buy grows inside those cute little plastic packs they buy.
Sometimes I wish a license was required to eat meat and to get one you had to kill and eat at least one animal so you understand the realities of life.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
hoodat said:
Your grocery store only friends probably think the meat they buy grows inside those cute little plastic packs they buy.
Sometimes I wish a license was required to eat meat and to get one you had to kill and eat at least one animal so you understand the realities of life.
understand the thoughts. We are very distanced from our food in many ways--it isn't the grocery-store only people. Example 1, just read a thread about diseases being spread. #1 cause--lay people sharing seeds/plants. A seed company destroys infected seed acres where lay person wouldn't even know they are infected and in the spirit of sharing, they spread it everywhere unknowlingly.

Ladyhawke1

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
davaroo said:
Im never ready to jump on the bandwagon, especially when its for someones idea of 'the common good.' More dictators and despots have risen to power on behalf of the common good than almost any other platform.

With Monsanto bashing one focus of www.commondreams.org, I'm leery. That smells like a one sided agenda to me, even verging on the fanatically exclusive.
And you know what they say about fanatics,

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
-- Winston Churchill
"Come on baby light my fire!" :celebrate

These are news stories from around the world that are NOT printed or they are underreported to the American people by the corporate owned press. That is why this country is so backward in its ability to take care of its self. LACK OF INFORMATION retards vital decision making. :tongue

And Oh, yes.....you can call me a fanatic anytime you want. At least I have been paying attention for the last fifteen years. The Common Dreams website has done that for me. I guess the WHOLE REST OF THE WORLD IS WRONG ..EVERY DAY ...... and the nuts and the radical right are going to.. let us just say ..they have asked us to just meditate our way out of our troubles. :p

Ladyhawke1

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2010/06/22-3

Why... only today "they", the mega corporations are moving ahead to keep us ordinary folk from having access to the Internet. Or ..a PAY as you go system and they only let you get to the Internet sites that THEY want you to see. If you want to see ANYTHING else.ya are gonna have to pay for it baby!

Well.Now you have been given the information that is information that is NOT out there in TV LAND or is so poorly reported that you have dismissed as not being important to you. Whatcha gonna do? "Meditate!" :lol:

Latest posts