Anonimity vs Google

FarmerDenise

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Hi all. I just googled my real name and my name came up in association with this forum. It also gave my user name. I prefer to remain anonimous and would appreciate it if my real name could be removed from anything that could show up on places like Google. I also belong to BYC and SS. My name did not come up in conjuction with those sites.
I would think that others feel the same way. Part of the nice thing about these forums is that we can keep our personal lives as private as we want.

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yeah recently i tried typing my name as well and the link was from this forum. It doesnt bother me a whole lot, but it would be nice to have it as private info.

DrakeMaiden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Really? That is spooky. I figure there ultimately is no anonymity, but I do like to at least delude myself that being careful gives you some privacy.

FarmerDenise

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I have a unique last name and there is some notoriety attached to it. So I always have to be carefull. One gets a little tired of watching out for looky-loos. There are times when I don't mind or even go out of my way to let people know who I am, but living in a fish bowl is no fun. Take my word for it.
I can understand why Jon & Kate (of the Jon & Kate plus eight tv show) want to get out of their contract and want their private lives back. I don't have to deal with paperazzi mind you, but people are constantly trying to get on my facebook, just because they see my last name. :rolleyes:
I also live in a small and close community. Having my log-in name posted in association with my real name, will mean I have to be waayyy more carefull as to what information I will share. :(

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Interesting, I put my name in Google and nothing came up associated with The Easy Garden. Then again, I don't give a hoot about anonymity, I've been on the net for so long I know there's no such thing. I'm not being critical, just my personal opinion. Nifty will have to check into this for us.

FarmerDenise, I checked, and your real name isn't on your profile - I can't imagine how the connection was made.

DrakeMaiden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
So I wonder how your real name got linked to TEG. Is it from e-mail account info? I don't know. I wonder if Nifty might be able to fix something up for you to bring back your anonymity . . . maybe start over with a different screen name that cannot be linked to your real identity?

Sorry to hear about your real world situation. I'm just a little nobody in this world and it suits me just fine. I hate when people care about what I do or how I do it -- it drives me nuts!!!!! I like to just do my own thing and be left to my own devices. I can sympathize and cannot imagine how obnoxious it must be!

Please ask Nifty what you can do, instead of limiting what you say here. I would hate something like that to spoil your fun and our informative community!

FarmerDenise

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Reinbeau, I just removed my real name from my profile this morning, hoping it wouldn't show up on google.
Thanks for looking into this.

FarmerDenise

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
By the way, I am not the one with the fame, that privilege belongs to another family member. I just get the fall-out ;)

Catalina

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Just googled mine and nothing came up with my real name.

Of course, no one can spell it correctly, so I guess I don't need to worry.