Another long wait

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It's another long growing season here. Having gone through a long season like this twice now, knowing what to expect it's impossible not to be thrilled at the prospect of doing it all over again.

The blooms are absolutely breathtaking and will pull at your heart strings like a marionette changing you forever.

The almanac says we can expect the first appearance on May 24th but it's been our experience that it's usually a couple weeks early.

It's going to make for an interesting spring planting for everything else I was hoping to accomplish.

For clarity yes my wife & I are expecting our 3rd child. And yes updates to follow ;)

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow! Congratulations to you and your wife. Lots of big changes in your life recently, and to come. That's what it's all about, right?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, I like little kids. I had a couple of my own and I just realized that I have spent right at 25 years of my life, within about 50 yards from one or another of 3 elementary schools. I tried real hard not to grow up to be a Mr. Wilson ...

I came out to the living room just now, the kids, parents and school buses will be going by soon. Jeff Rossen is on the teevee (Rossen Reports link).

This isn't for @Jared77 , he knows all about keeping kids safe. It's a pet peeve and Jeff Rossen just hit the nerve.

Parents (& grandparents), understand that everyone knows that you are on a special mission to get your kid to school. Realize that every other parent who shows up outside of that school is on that mission! There are bad drivers on every street and highway. Accidents happen, as well ...

Drive safely! Try your best to leave home early rather than being in a rush to get to that schoolhouse door.

Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Congratulations to you and your wife!! When is the baby due? New house, new garden, new baby! Life just doesn't get any better than this. :thumbsup

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Aww Jared, that's nice! Thanks for claifying it for me. The first part was going right over my head! :D

Three is a good number. With the first child you both get to share in the work. With the second one you each have one. But with the third one you need a third parent! At least that's what I found out when I had my third one. :) Also, statistics show that the first two are usually the same sex but the odds show that the third one will be different. For what it's worth. Congradulations anyway.

Mary

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Congratulations Jared!
Yippee! Another pair of hands to help with gardening!
Oh! I mean, yippee, another sweet baby!
That's super great news, so happy for you. :)

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Congrats, @Jarred77! When I saw your name on the thread, it reminded me to ask how the "OLD" baby was doing. You've said very little since the birth and you've been lax on pictures of the future gardener. I understand that this is a garden site, but. . . .

I am so happy for you, your wife, and your family that another gardener is on the way. I've always had a special affection for other people's children. They're good for my business.

SIGH! Once again you will be working on your own in the spring cold and winds to get the property in tip-top shape for next spring while mommy is taking well deserved rests and guiding the little ones' paths while watching daddy through the window.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
CONGRATS @Jared77 and Mrs Jared77!!!
greenstars.gif

Last edited:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Some of my earliest memories are of toddling behind my Daddy in his garden. I absorbed his garden lore without even realizing it. He instilled in me a love of all things earth, sky and nature.

Latest posts