Another SUPER cool variety

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
For you corn nuts and I don't mean "corn nuts" I mean CORN NUTS!!! As in corn crazy

http://shop.nativeseeds.org/products/ts363

How about that! Talk about an eye catcher! Gorgeous variety of corn. Someone posted it on facebook and I immediately thought I'd better get on TEG and share it.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Jared, there are lots of .

. . pretty pictures to click on and,

a blog post story.

digitS'

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
For the 2014 garden yes. Not this year though. I'm going to have a container garden this year. Some fresh maters for sandwiches (a DW summer favorite), and pumpkins for carving if I can get my act together this year. The move is going to take up too much time and I honestly need a 4' disk to get the ground prepped. Its a new site at the new house and no way I'm doing my garden the first time turned over with a walk behind tiller. I'd kill myself and probably the tiller.

I'm a sucker for things like that. That's why I have seeds waiting for the 2014 garden in 5 colors for carrots (orange, yellow, red, purple, white), all my different tomatoes, purple potatoes, I like those different things along side the usual suspects like red tomatoes, yellow corn, orange carrots etc :cool:

nittygrittydirtdigger

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I was on the waiting list and got a pack of 50 seeds. I felt like I won the lottery! (well at least $10 on a scratch off ticket) The packet was $7.95, but I figured it was worth it to support such a great organization and to have beautiful corn to encourage my kids to garden. Although they don't need much encouragement....they've been planting seeds from anything we dine on that has a seed or pit. They check daily to see if the apples, tangerines, avocados, kiwi or tomatoes are ready to harvest. I've tried to explain the process to them, but they don't quite get it yet. Still.....pretty corn should go a long way to help with the learning process.

I let you all know how it grows. It's supposed to be a popping corn, but who cares if it's edible.....it's PRETTY.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
That Glass Gems variety is a most beautiful Corn!

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
If you need a big machine for the first turning you might find an old farmer who will do it for a small fee.
Jared77 said:
For the 2014 garden yes. Not this year though. I'm going to have a container garden this year. Some fresh maters for sandwiches (a DW summer favorite), and pumpkins for carving if I can get my act together this year. The move is going to take up too much time and I honestly need a 4' disk to get the ground prepped. Its a new site at the new house and no way I'm doing my garden the first time turned over with a walk behind tiller. I'd kill myself and probably the tiller.

I'm a sucker for things like that. That's why I have seeds waiting for the 2014 garden in 5 colors for carrots (orange, yellow, red, purple, white), all my different tomatoes, purple potatoes, I like those different things along side the usual suspects like red tomatoes, yellow corn, orange carrots etc :cool:

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That corn is quite beautiful, They look like a mixed variety of jelly beans on the cob!

Latest posts