Any Dean Koontz Fans Here?

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I was so happy when I picked up the mail today! I got a personal note from Dean Koontz giving his permission to share his answer to Why did the Chicken Cross the Road?

Here is the front of the card..
Notecardfront_zps8c7a817b.jpg

And here is the inside granting me permission...

PermissiontouseChickenquestion_zpsfaaedc91.jpg

And this is his answer to.....

Why Did The Chicken Cross The Road?
by Dean Koontz

Who knows why chickens do anything? They are mysterious and deep-thinking creatures
who function on a level far beyond out own. We are to them as toads are to us, and we
can never hope to grasp the world as chickens see it any more than a toad can hope to work
complex algebraic equations. Most chickens disdain our intellectual pretensions, despise our
television programs, and mock our popular culture. We have nothing in common with them,
except that they, too, are beginning to wonder if Madonna is really all that interesting. If we
ponder the meaning of any chicken's actions, including those of the one that crossed the road,
we will only be filled with despair at our inadequate analytic and perceptive abilities in the face
of their greatness

Mickey328

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Yes indeed...he's one of my favorites!

While I love his philosophical ramblings, I do yearn for a world where chicken motives aren't questioned, LOL

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I haven't read much of his, but I may now, since I know he appreciates the higher intelligence of chickens!

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Betcha' - his next book will be about alien chickens that mind control a small town into building a giant rotisserie and roasting each other.:hide

Latest posts