Anybody with advice on vegetation killer?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I treasure each and every member here. The vast array of knowledge posted here for all to read, learn and select what to apply to our own gardening efforts is simply astounding. Do I agree with 100%? No. Do I use and apply 100%? No. Do I learn from others? You bet I do. No one is 100% right or 100% wrong. We all have our methods, some work, some don't. TEG is too wonderful of a forum for even the tiniest inkling of a squabble between us. Lighten up y'all. :)

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Re-read this post. Maybe you didn't mean this the way it came off (at least to me). People that do manage their pastures still fight weeds on a regular basis. It is not anything they are doing wrong.

Of course they do....does it say anywhere in my posts that these methods insure a totally weed free existence? Weeds happen. Weeds are something everyone fights. Some less than others, some more. The goal, I imagine, is that if you have a lot of weeds to knock them down to where you have way less weeds and these are some ways of doing that.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Beekissed I think it was more the implications than anything. I will it drop as I don't want to cause strife against anyone who is struggling to win the war against weeds just like the rest of us. Peace! Nobody has found a way to ban weeds. My personnal belief is that control is a subjective term and weed free is impossible.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I treasure each and every member here. The vast array of knowledge posted here for all to read, learn and select what to apply to our own gardening efforts is simply astounding. Do I agree with 100%? No. Do I use and apply 100%? No. Do I learn from others? You bet I do. No one is 100% right or 100% wrong. We all have our methods, some work, some don't. TEG is too wonderful of a forum for even the tiniest inkling of a squabble between us. Lighten up y'all. :)
Well said @baymule

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nope...someone who has been gardening for over 40 yrs never gets by thinking weeds are easy, nor implies they are. ;)

I'll take that olive branch and raise you one by apologizing for not being able to convey the right tone or message in my posts. I often fail at that because I type like I talk but it's missing all the facial expressions and tone of voice. :hugs We all fight that same fight of the noxious weed and do it in our own ways.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I would like to say that I found nothing offensive in anything anybody has said so far. Maybe I just have a high tolerance for plain speaking, but it's a discussion. Pros and cons, back and forths. To me it's all good.

That's not to say that we haven't had some rude folks at times come on here and be offensive. Hey! Even I got that! But over all we are a good natured polite group, and we play well with others.

So carry on.:pop

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I would like to say that I found nothing offensive in anything anybody has said so far. Maybe I just have a high tolerance for plain speaking, but it's a discussion. Pros and cons, back and forths. To me it's all good.

That's not to say that we haven't had some rude folks at times come on here and be offensive. Hey! Even I got that! But over all we are a good natured polite group, and we play well with others.

So carry on.:pop
Hey, WHO asked YOU! I can be rude and obnoxious if I want to be..... :p

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Haha Seed! I love it! You posted while I was typing the following...

Just to add another thought, which you all may or may not agree with...:D

But I personally would hate to see this forum turn into nothing more than a mutual admiration society, where we all smile and nod and kiss b--- and get all pc about everything.
That would be too smarmy and insipid for me.
A good vigorous (yes and respectful) discussion is like a spring tilling.
It brings up all those good worms and weed seeds to pick over.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Most would be surprised at the different things I've tried in my garden (and friends fields) because of things I read here-like spraying soybean fields with aspirin-not one of the better ideas.

Latest posts