Anyone ever grow narangillo?

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I ordered some seeds from the Sample Garden today. It sounds interesting even though it's a monster with a slow harvest. It belongs to the tomato famoly but tastes like an orange; or so they say. I like the Sample Garden. They sell seeds in small packs so there is less waste if you have a small garden.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I try to plant at least one thing that is completely new to me every season.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
wow, i might have to keep her website bookmarked! there are a few different plants on there i was looking for last year and she has them!

Hoodat, those narangillos look interesting. the leaves sort of remind me of those strange giant waterlilies that i've seen in Tricker.com website for pond plants. :idunno they probably come from the same region but i know they aren't related at all.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Chickie'sMomaInNH said:
wow, i might have to keep her website bookmarked! there are a few different plants on there i was looking for last year and she has them!

Hoodat, those narangillos look interesting. the leaves sort of remind me of those strange giant waterlilies that i've seen in Tricker.com website for pond plants. :idunno they probably come from the same region but i know they aren't related at all.
It's odd that the same conditions in different parts of the world will produce lookalike plants that are unrelated. Some of the plants in the African desert look almost identical to other plants in our Southwest even though the DNA that produced them is completely seperate.

jakesebastin

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I had tried once to grow the narangillo but at that time i hadn't that much knowledge regarding the grow and it was a disaster for me. Since that i haven't tried it will try sometime for sure.