Anyone Ever Purchase Ladybugs ?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have observed ladybug eggs and larvae on lots of different plants in my garden. They may be attracted to a certain weed (and sorry, I haven't looked at the link yet) but it seems where they are finding their food source is where they lay their eggs. One of my apples had a huge aphid population last summer and there were thousands of ladybug eggs on the back of the leaves. Which was weird because the apple tree next to it only had a handful. [of aphids, to clarify]

Ladybugs aren't just insectivores, they also eat pollen, so if you plant a lot of flowers that are heavy pollen producers that would attract them too.

Last edited:

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
You just put them out in a covered area and they hatch on there own. I find eggs all fall and spring and relocate them if they are in a bad spot. They are usually attached to a twig on a shrub or often on my wire fencing. I bet I found 20 with out trying last fall.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
You can buy green lace wings too, they're a good predator of mites and aphids and even some caterpillars.

Here's something I just learned! Green lacewings are also good pollinators. I see them in the summer gathered under the porch light.