Baymule’s Farm

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
... When an animal is so over loaded with worms, even the worming itself can sicken or kill them. Worms release toxins when they die, which places one in a lose-lose situation. They will die if you worm them, they’ll die if you don’t. But I gotta try.
And that is your parasite worm lesson for today! :lol:

this is also true of bacterial infections which is why it is important to know the strain of bacteria you have in your system when you get antibiotics. i suspect that is what happened to my nephew.

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We are slogging our way through a terrible chest cold with a nasty cough. While we don't need antibiotics, a bag of lozenges is certainly helpful. Good thing I had some in the cupboard, because this is what the cold remedy section of our local store looked like a few days ago.

Attachments

• IMG_20221231_140616183.jpg
    IMG_20221231_140616183.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 35

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I’ve had a productive morning. Went to hardware store in Groveton and bought 6 hog panels. Get to counting up cow panels, horse panels, hog panels, Red River panels and round pen panels and my goodness! I’m a wealthy woman! Hahaha!

Stopped at sons house and loaded up a 16’ gate. Got 2 boxes of oddball horse stuff. One was a $10 garage sale purchase by a neighbor because I had horses. Got totes of PVC fittings, painting supplies and hot wire supplies.

Came home, unloaded hog panels, drove forwards, unloaded gate, swung around and dropped the flatbed, backed up to the shed with doors.

I took things out of the truck and found places to put it. Started going through the garage sale box and pulled out all kinds of goodies. 3 sets of reins, 5 head stalls, 4 with bits. Assorted bits, hoof picks and junk. Went through my box of assorted horse stuff. 8 old halters that will be for garage sale. I’ll buy new ones as needed. A blue nylon headstall with breast strap, pink nylon headstall, saddle girts I don’t want and other stuff.

I drove nails in a 2x4 and hung up the 5 bridles I’ve cleaned up over the past 2 afternoons. I hung up the nylon bridles. I combined junk into one box for garage sale. I put the 5 bridles and 3 sets of reins on the back porch to be saddle soaped, scrubbed and oiled. They are twisted, hard and dry.

84BD87E6-9B3C-4BD9-AD8E-09508001CE5E.jpeg

Got lunch heating up, then a run to nephews dumpster.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We are slogging our way through a terrible chest cold with a nasty cough. While we don't need antibiotics, a bag of lozenges is certainly helpful. Good thing I had some in the cupboard, because this is what the cold remedy section of our local store looked like a few days ago.
I spent a week on OTC stuff and just got worse. It was time to haul out the big dogs. LOL A hood home cough remedy is chopped onion with honey in a jar, place in refrigerator and start using next day. Or a bourbon hot toddy before bed. You might still have a terrible chest cold, but you won’t care! :lol:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here is a headstall cleaned and oiled this afternoon. It was dry, twisted and hard. It came out of the $10 garage sale box.

10F4DFFD-88EC-47B4-87D3-86CAD8E4B945.jpeg

I carefully took it apart and laid the pieces out.

CF7CC773-70E3-456B-8C18-FFDC0E33AFB8.jpeg

Then I scrubbed the leather with saddle soap and wiped it clean.

770DA660-2587-4380-9BEC-DE9F9C425947.jpeg

I used a paint brush and covered it with many coats of neatsfoot oil. It softened up a lot. I put it back together and now it is a usable headstall.

68F2D83D-0CED-4ACD-BC56-366555743819.jpeg

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Question on hair sheep. Work with a sheep breeder, he says hair sheep have a different odor than regular sheep. Plus they don’t like associating with other breeds of sheep. Did mention, great mothers and used to place embryos into.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I can’t confirm that they don’t like associating with other breeds, I don’t have any other breeds. My sheep have a low odor, it’s noticeable but they don’t stink. My Katahdins are great mothers and have lots of milk.

Latest posts