Baymule’s Farm

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Neither does horse poop… cow poop, in the other hand…
but then I have always been partial to Corral No.5

exactly why the questions! i wanted to know if it was closer to horse or cow poops (which i can tolerate or even like if they're not too strong) vs. some of the others (chickens and pigs i don't tolerate well at all).

since i grew up kitty corner from a small dairy farm to me that smell isn't bad either, but one year he raised pigs and all the neighborhood told him in no uncertain terms that he wasn't going to be doing that again. luckily where i am at now we only get faint whifffs of pigs from the neighbors a ways off to the NE (and our prevailing winds are normally from the SW so that is good).

Celtic_Rumor

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Well great, just great. The storm that spawned the tornadoes in Oklahoma, has risen northward but is looping back around and coming to Texas. Supposed to arrive on Mothers Day. Hopefully the storms won’t be bad, but we sure don’t need the rain.

I drove the mule in the back field, I want to get started on clearing the back fence. I’ll have to mow the tall grass before I get started. It’s too wet to mow. It’s too wet to even drive the mule back there, so I came back to the house and parked it.

It’s so wet that the lone oak tree in the middle of the field fell over. Darn.

View attachment 65750
Sorry to hear about the storms heading your way. I saw the damages from the Oklahoma suburbs and rural homes, quite nasty. Hope you and your family stay safe. -CR

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Next Thursday is the Sheriff’s Breakfast. I’ll be there! Our Sheriff does this once a month during the school year. It’s by donation only and he collects the money for students in Trinity County to attend a trade school. This will be the last one until school starts up again in the fall. So far, he’s collected over $45,000 and has 17 applications. Just a few years ago, he collected $11,000 and had 11 applicants. Program is growing!

IMG_6546.png

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Next Thursday is the Sheriff’s Breakfast. I’ll be there! Our Sheriff does this once a month during the school year. It’s by donation only and he collects the money for students in Trinity County to attend a trade school. This will be the last one until school starts up again in the fall. So far, he’s collected over $45,000 and has 17 applications. Just a few years ago, he collected $11,000 and had 11 applicants. Program is growing!

View attachment 65782
I could not love this more! Pretty cool. Trade schools are great. If I was close enough, I would attend. :)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I could not love this more! Pretty cool. Trade schools are great. If I was close enough, I would attend. :)

i was just talking to Mom and my sister about how during high school i was trying to get to the electronics trade school in the afternoon of my senior year because it would have been much better than taking elective classes (because there was nothing else i could take) including one that i repeated (and ended up working with the chemistry teacher because he was teaching the other class too). it turned out that they did not have enough money that season to send students to that program so i got screwed out of that.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
i was just talking to Mom and my sister about how during high school i was trying to get to the electronics trade school in the afternoon of my senior year because it would have been much better than taking elective classes (because there was nothing else i could take) including one that i repeated (and ended up working with the chemistry teacher because he was teaching the other class too). it turned out that they did not have enough money that season to send students to that program so i got screwed out of that.
My youngest son spent all of his Sr. H.S. year in Deisel tec at the local community college. Tab picked up by the school dist. He/we knew another 4 years of higher education was not for him. He is doing very well.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
"The Beast of Trinity Texas" ??

Is your neck of the woods goin' in to the Sasquatch business? He sounds like he might be dangerous. That's not my impression of Big Foot.

Wait a Minute ... You gave them the idea from reading about Marshall's experiences. Big Foot and his kids were always showing up in his NorCal garden and causing trouble!

Steve, Trinity?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I grazed lambs and ewes in the yard today. Lawnmower is in for repair. No prpblem, I have sheep! I just counted up the ewes, 14. There is 1 old ewe, plus 3 young ones=4. Lambs-31. FORTY NINE? I gotta lotta sheep. That’s not counting the 3 rams and 13 ewes in breeding pens…..16 more sheep + 49=65 sheep! I really hadn’t counted them all up.

IMG_6569.jpeg

IMG_6582.jpeg