bush bean questions

miron28

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
do i need to tie these up. they are starting to lay over this is all new to me so any info will be helpful thanks

6307_chicken_coop_105.jpg

6307_chicken_coop_100.jpg

6307_chicken_coop_106.jpg

Ron

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
No, they shouldn't need to be tied up. It looks like they won't get too much higher. Sometimes we just have to put up with a little bit of messy!

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:frow Hi! :frow

When that happens to mine I just run a string along the row on either side to keep them from flopping. As it looks like its a long row you will need short stakes along the two sides . Your garden is looking great & I love the pigs in the background -- I'm jealous as I have always wanted to keep pigs. :D

Happy Gardening & Pig Keeping :tools

:rose Hattie :rose

miron28

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Hattie the Hen said:
:frow Hi! :frow

When that happens to mine I just run a string along the row on either side to keep them from flopping. As it looks like its a long row you will need short stakes along the two sides . Your garden is looking great & I love the pigs in the background -- I'm jealous as I have always wanted to keep pigs. :D

Happy Gardening & Pig Keeping :tools

:rose Hattie :rose
thanks for the info i will string them up tommrrow

the pigs are going to... well the frezzer in about 3 more weeks. and they eat none stop!!! but when i pull the weeds they eat them like carzy!

Dennis1979

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Mine do the same thing but they are giving me beans galore so I don't complain. It's a little hard to pick them though so low to the ground. I have to get really dirty crawling around the "bean field".

Dennis

gone 2 seed

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
i asked the guy at the feed store for pole beans and ended up with bush beans. I even ran trellis for them!!

Babs

Sprout
Reaction score
I have pole beans and I'm running out of "pole" for them. this is my first serious garden, fenced in and all so that the critters don't have a buffet, so I've learned a lot by trail and error. Next year I'll build a higher pole...I'll also plant garlic in the spring, and plant many, many more onions! I've gone through two plantings and I still could use more. I'll also prop up my cukes better than they are not.

jemagsy

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I wish my beans were growing like that. Instead I have twigs with beans hanging off of them..... I'm kind of scared to eat the beans.

Latest posts