Can any one Id this bug??

Anny

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the name of this bug?

bug1.jpg

Anny

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Do flea beetles ever bite people?

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
it is not any kind of flea beetle I've seen -- all the ones I'm familiar with are at *least* that tiny but jet-black and super-shiny and rounded all over, like a seed almost.

there is no such thing as a baby june beetle... well, there is, but they are maggotty-caterpillary-lookin' grubs, not just smaller versions of the adults.

It is a beetle of some sort, without question.

There are no beetles that bite people (well, except for the really big ones with obviously-bitecha-type mandibles that can give you somewhat of a pinch). If you're getting bit by something, it ain't this.

There are about fifty-seven kajillion kinds of beetles in the world, and proper identification requires a microscope to count antennal segments and how many segments in their toes and the details of how the bits of body architecture go together. So unless it is a common garden pest that people recognize -- and it doesn't ring any bells for me, for whatever that's worth -- you will never know what it is. But it doesn't matter, if your main issue is 'something's biting me' :)

Good luck, have fun,

Pat

Anny

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Thanks pat, that was very helpful :)

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It looks very much like the little beetles that infest corn meal and flour. Is it inside the house?
Do you see any plant damage where they are? If not it's probably a neutral insect. Most of the insects in a garden are neither helpful nor harmful. They're just there doing their own little bug thing.

Anny

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
it was inside the house, we found about 4 of them under our bed when we where cleaning.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Check your packs of cornmeal, beans, flour, bread crumbs etc. They are hatching from somewhere in your cupboard.

Latest posts