cardoon

Ladyhawke1

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
D'oh! Sorry, I guess I need to be more of an observer and less verbal. I will just read and keep to myself until I can contribute something worthwhile. :bee

I like that we are able to comunicate with someone in the UK. It is a good feeling to be able share ideas around the world. :happy_flower

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:frow :D :frow

Not at all! Please join in. Did I sound possessive & exclusive -- if I did I apologise. Put it down to me being a pompous old Brit..!! I feel awful now......... :th ......:hit

We want more people to grow them, eat them & LOVE them....!!!

:hit Hattie :hit

Ladyhawke1

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hattie the Hen said:
:frow :D :frow

Not at all! Please join in. Did I sound possessive & exclusive -- if I did I apologise. Put it down to me being a pompous old Brit..!! I feel awful now......... :th ......:hit

We want more people to grow them, eat them & LOVE them....!!!

:hit Hattie :hit
No problem Hattie. :frow

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My cardoon made it over the winter! :weee There are four growth points poking up through the soil! I'm giving it lots of room this year, hopefully I'll be able to harvest it this summer!

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:frow

That is great news Ann. The winter here was so extremely long & cold that mine still hasn't made much progress in terms of top growth but now it is much warmer I hope it will recover fast. I have top-dressed it with compost & got rid of a few weeds that always find their way into that area. Our spring was 6 weeks later than usual this year. only now are the fruit trees just coming into flower & everyone has been commenting on the huge number of bumble-bees that are suddenly around, many more than usual....? :idunno

Let's hope we have a good warm summer this year & a long autumn because we certainly need it.

Good luck to us all. :tools

:rose Hattie :rose

SaltyMomma

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I'm intrigued by this thread... never heard of this plant before and may have to give it a try.

This...
Hattie the Hen said:
They taste like a mixture of globe artichoke & celery........!!
.... gave me a laugh because artichokes are absolute favorite food, and celery.... um, not so much. I like them mixed in with stuff, like in soup, but I'm not a fan of them on their own.

I'm still intrigued though, especially with the thistle flower. Gonna have to keep my eyes open for these.

Thanks for the great info.

Latest posts