Carrot!

mydogdory

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
The seed package says the carrots will be ready to harvest next Thursday. So in 10 days! I counted the carrots and there were 102!!! I decided to pull one to see where they're at. :) I don't actually care for carrots but it was juicy, tender, and delicious! :)

Attachments

• 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 205

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
That carrot sure looks yummy. They are so much better than carrots from the super market. :)

annageckos

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I love growing carrots. I have orange, red and purple carrots growing right now. I've read that if you give carrots some shade they will put more energy into growing the root, in full sun they put more energy into the tops. I put up some shade cloth to see if they grow better. Also give them some space, you'll get bigger carrots. I also tend to crowd mine, I hate thinning them. Poor little carrots. It's so satisfying to pull carrots out of the ground. Yummy carrots.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I finally grew carrots. I have to plant in the fall, it is too hot for them to germinate. That first one is so exciting! Beautiful carrot!

mydogdory

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Thanks!! Next year I'm going to grow the purple carrots! :)

mydogdory

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
If you can get your hands on them try Black Spanish, it has dark purple outside and a white core.
Googled them! They look really cool! I think I will try and get some! Thanks for the suggestion!! :D

Reactions: Hal

Hal

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I saw them when I was looking at bakers creek the other day. Have you tried them before?
They are beautiful and tasty. I had tracked them down years ago but lost my seed crop twice in a row many moons ago and now I don't have them.