Check out this amazing soda bottle garden!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Canesisters, Microsoft translations says that the website is in Portuguese.

They did a fairly good job with the English:

Horta with PET bottles (click)

Unfortunately, the fairly detailed instructions don't tell us how they planted the bottles but, at least, leaves us with the idea that they used plant starts rather than seeds.

Steve

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
032511_Pallet-Completed-430x300.jpg

nittygrittydirtdigger

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Wow, a pallet garden. That is neat! I'm going to have to google that to see how they went about planting it. On my local craigslist, there's always free pallets for the picking. This would really dress up the fence around my garden.

People are so creative!

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
You use two layers of weed barrier on the back and sides. Lay the pallet on the ground, covered side down, fill with soil, making sure you stuff under the boards. Plant and hoist up. I read some people leave them laying flat until the plants are a bit established first.
I use pallets as pig huts, rabbit huts, fencing, shed flooring and hoping to make a retaining wall and try this when the wall is up.

nittygrittydirtdigger

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thanks! I don't know why I didn't realize that they would need to lay flat to be planted. And I like the idea of letting them stay that way for a few days until the plants get established. I think some vining plants and some annuals would make for a very pretty pallet garden.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's so pretty that I didn't realize at first that it WAS a pallet - thought it was built as a planter. :p

Latest posts