Chickens gone wild

cityfarmer

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
After not being able to free range for a couple of weeks due to snow, cold and work schedules, the girls got some outside time this weekend. After they devoured all the wild bird seed they could find, they attention turned to the straw mulch over the strawberries and garlic. Now this is the first year I tried mulching any of my crops that need to make it through the winter. The straw has made it through wind storms. The chickens never really seemed all that interested in it all winter until this weekend. It is always impressive to see just how far their little legs can throw things through the air when they are determined to do so. I did tell them that if there are no strawberries they were to blame. The girls continued to dig for the seeds and whatever else they were finding. Planning for the future is not their strong suit. They really did enjoy themselves and were too stinking cute to stop.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Happy Chickens
thumbsup.gif

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
LOL - they will eat anything they can catch

"GOOD CHOOKS" - now gang up and take care of the neighbor's tom cat.....

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Seedcorn, that is a really good idea. Love the pic, I'll have to think on that. My garden is in the front yard in beds, would require some modifications. Hmmmm........

Latest posts